Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

77214: Kar Drakir

So I have to decide if this is done or not?  

bother. 

I only have two stages: or thats what I have until I go back and fix stuff. 

the shoulder plates were devilish, concave and convex at  the same time. 

I ended up taking a spoon out at noon and flipping it back and forth, drawing the reflections.

post-12081-0-42073000-1446503584_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-85268700-1446503545_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-46280500-1446503546_thumb.jpg

and 

Then a painting DVD gave me the idea to add read and purple washes to the gold. and reflect the color of the guy in the sword. 

post-12081-0-49317200-1446503631_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-83563000-1446503632_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-52007100-1446503633_thumb.jpg

any suggestions for finishing/improvements would be great.  

Or criticism of what didn't work.  I might not be seeing it. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 16

the final result, which I am too lazy to do a show-off for: 

I don't think the changes are in anyway noticeable.  

perhaps another picture is needed. 

post-12081-0-95646400-1446764838_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-51696100-1446764845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I painted this guy up, despite having eyes on Gale Force 9's Behir for my personal use. Decided to go ahead and liquidate it in a certain auction site, but so far, no takers. Ah, well. It's still a nice looking mini, so it doesn't hurt to have one around until I manage to finish painting the GF9 Behir... Comments, recommendations, and suggestions are appreciated.

• By Maledrakh
      The Dragonman something from the Bones 4 core set. This mini actually comes in many parts and with a selection of different weaponry and hand-held things. I went with the bucaneery sabre and dagger on account of the high boots looking a little piratey.  Also, this is what the render shown in the KS looked like.
      I went with a bronze / gold armour and my new darker flock mix. Turned out well in my opinion at least.
      The base is a 3D printed 35x25mm lipped oval as I thought a 40mm round was too large.

B4Core #16 Dragonman (?)
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      unknown sculptor
      Bonesium PVC.
      35x25mm 3D printed oval lipped base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
    • By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By ManvsMini
      I painted these up about 6 months ago for my brother so he could surprise his players; he was running a small adventure for a group of people who hadn't played D&D before, and I wanted to help him get them to love the game. And nothing says "hey this game is awesome" more than when it has minis in it, and especially when those minis look like their character. They just finished their intro adventure this past weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Reaper Figs used:
      02926: Gungor, Half-Orc Monk
      77118: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue
      77060: Dragonman Warrior
      77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard

Apologies on the next pics, my brother took them and sent them to me via his phone, but didn't know much about the intricacies of photoing minis (I barely know more than he does):

The first two aren't anything super special; I had very little description to go off other than brown-hair halfling, and white dragonborn/black eyes. I did make the cloth purple on the dragonborn to make him match the hair on the upcoming tiefling since those players are a husband-wife duo in the real world.

The next figure I wish I could paint again, because I did some poor color choices with her shirt and skin; in the pics they look too similar, and they are. I'd redo the shirt, but not the green hotpants, because the player loved them.

This last one is my favorite, because I think he came out the best. He was the last one I painted, so a lot of the dust and cobwebs on my skill had been blown off. He's the only one that I was actually able to get a detailed character description of (steathily, because the minis were a surprise), so I didn't have to make up an entire scheme on my own (color scheme is the hardest part for me). Plus, the player said he had a mohawk, so I got to sculpt a faux-hawk on him.

Two regrets on him: the shadow color defining his muscles is too stark, wish I had gone with something a little lighter, and I'd redo his fauxhawk into a more spikey one.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they all turned out. They were the first ones I had done in several years, and the first ones I had done since my health problems snowballed; they were very much an "Am I able to still do this?" project. The fact that the players loved them, and wanted to keep them after they finished their adventure makes them all-the-more special to me (and they did get to keep them).

-MvM
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I had initially decided to paint Mariel's dresscoat in red & white but I'm glad I changed my mind & went for blue & yellow instead. I don't often paint yellow so I'm pleased how this worked out.

Thanks for looking!!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)