Finished up her white top tonight.  Decided I was going to finish off her clothing before I did a touch up on the skin.  Then attach the side of her sash.  Though now that I think about it, I might want to attach that next.

Angelica as she stands now:

post-12625-0-10126400-1455938108.jpg

• Like 12

While I was working on my spring exchange I decided to finally assemble Angelica.  Then I decided to prime and base coat the red of the belt.  Not being able to stop I decided to work on the pant legs.  She needs a gap filling on right arm where where is was assembled.  I'm thinking the unpainted boots throw off making the pants look black.

Here is where she is at the moment:

post-12625-0-29063700-1459640065.jpg

post-12625-0-05576900-1459640066.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, she is really coming along! Her face is so expressive!

Thanks, I really like the sculpts from this line.

Did some more work.  Finished up the pants, boots, and sash.  I'm still going for a simple paint job for this figure.  Though I think I need to rework the black a little bit more.

Here is my work so far:

post-12625-0-27258100-1459702110.jpgpost-12625-0-43193300-1459702284.jpgpost-12625-0-99373700-1459702284.jpg

• Like 10

That sash is awesome! What method do you use? Your sash (as well as the rest) on the bladedancer was also amazing. Do you use a wet pallet? Is it glazing? Whatever method it is, I need to learn it!

• Like 1

That sash is awesome! What method do you use? Your sash (as well as the rest) on the bladedancer was also amazing. Do you use a wet pallet? Is it glazing? Whatever method it is, I need to learn it!

Thanks Pochi,  I use a wet pallet, but that isn't needed.  It just gives me longer working time.  I thin my paint down a bit, not quite a glaze.  Then I dip brush in paint, and wick off paint till there is a little left.  You still want the brush damp, but you also don't want the paint to flood off your brush.  Just enough paint on the brush to apply a damp layer of paint.  You then repeat with the same brush stroke on that layer till you get the result you want.  It can be a few a 2 or as many as 15 (most i remember putting down), depends on the transparency of the color.

Layers for the red were all RMS:

Base:  bloodstain red

1st : Deep Red

2nd: Blood Red

3rd: Clear Red

4th: Clear Red : Clear Orange (mix till you get a very red orange)

5th: Same as 4th (Mix till you get a much more orange)

6th: Clear Yellow

7th: Wash of Clear Red all over, not flooding just one or 2 passes with bush loaded much like other layer.

This is the same method I used for my DMS - Rabbit Mage. You can go higher to a more desaturated yellow and white even.  The key to the red you want to achieve is in the middle colors.  Want a deeper red keep more of the darker colors.  Want a brighter red use more of the higher colors.  I also will put a wash of clear red over the whole thing at the end to help with blending.   For Rasia  I actually used less actual paints (only 3) and just had several layers between my shadows and highlight.  I think 4 layers of colors between base and deepest shadow and 6 from base to highlight.

Feel free to ask more detailed question if anything above doesn't make any sense.

• Like 2

Thanks for the breakdown! Sounds similar to what I already do. I just need a lot more practice and take my highlights higher. Yours look so bright and shiny! Really nice work!

• Like 1

Well, I've done little bits here and there on her.  I'm finally getting back to this one now as I work on the base for my RP Elf, and contemplate my colors for my Chainmail Wood Elf.  I've retouched up the skin today, and Blocked in where I want the highlighting for the blade.  Earlier I painted up some gold bits for the sword hilt and her armband.  Oh and I finished up her bracers in the same white as her top.  I'm saving the scabbard for last as I can't decide on colors quite yet.

Here she stands:

post-12625-0-95937200-1466219301.jpg

• Like 8

Really nice work, especially on the sash and the face. The armguards are really nice too, I like how you've brought out the texture with your highlighting. You're clearly a very good painter.

The breasts look a bit off to me though. I feel like where you've got an abrupt change from the highlight color to the midtone color a bit above where her top ends they would still be catching a lot more light and be more highlighted, so I would extend the highlighting lower down, and they seem nice and round, so I would smooth that transition more. Google some pictures of models and use that as a reference for the skin, maybe?

Also, I think the boots would read better if they weren't exactly the same color as the pants. Maybe a thin orange glaze, to turn them from black into brown without ruining your nice highlighting work?

Edited by althai
  • Like 1