Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Painting Bones Kobolds with an Airbrush Tutorial

Just watched a 6 minute tutorial where the painter used an airbrush to paint the bones kobold pack.

It is a Tabletop paint job, but there is some stuff here for beginners with an airbrush to see how one can be used in doing minis...

George

• Like 4

Amazing video, i am doing the same models at the moment. I also want to start experimenting with a airbrush, and finding something that A.- its using kobolds, and b..- doint it with an airbrush, its like a perfect thing for me :) Thanks for posting this Knarthex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      I know a lot of you use airbrushes on your bones, but my question is how well does the liner method work? I figure it would have to be thinned, but does using airbrush thinner get around the hydrophobic tendencies of bones? What ratio do you use?

As always thanks in advance for your help!
    • By Venun
      Spent more time basing then painting on these guys! Happy on the results!

• By Stonebred
      I got really sick for almost the whole month of June and it took me some time to get my strength back to paint again. I speed painted these guys this week to get my hands moving again.

I'm taking these to a weekend long gaming session this weekend. Then when I return it's back to getting ready for ReaperCon.

I hope you like my kobold army. It was fun to paint. 

To be sure. That last photo isn't from Bones 4. 
    • By Darcstaar
      This is my most ambitious attempt to date.  A mini-campaign I’m running some people through calls for many kobolds of varying colors and classes.  I had 12 Kobolds from Bones I, the 4 pack in metal that those were based off of (03064), the metal Leader and Sorcerer (03024), the 12 awesome new kobolds from Bones 4, and a 7 pack (I may have gotten a freebie, I thought I bought a six pack) of kobolds from the Ral Partha TSR Official D&D 2nd Edition line, stamped 1989.  That’s a whopping 37 figures.  I want to paint tribes from all 5 chromatic factions, and want to have as few duplicate poses per faction possible.  The Ral Partha kobolds have a more simian or canine face compared to the more reptilian face of the Reaper models, but I’m still going to fold those into each faction.  The Adventure calls out a Cleric (Red) a Ranger, (Green) and a Sorcerer (Green).  Those are the only ones with specific art, and I have models representative of each present without need for modification.  Also, I am not planning to add to the bases at all.

And I want to finish all of this in about a month (unlikely)!

Wish me luck!
    • By Shogun
      I'm taking the leap and about to buy my first airbrush for mini painting and was hoping I could get some advice on what to buy. The Airbrushing: compendium has been very helpful and I've spent hours, days, what feels like years researching and I want to pull the trigger... I live in Canada and after ringing around some hobbyshops etc it seems amazon is the best bang for my buck. I have paint and access to a Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gallon Air Compressor (I will purchase another compressor in a few months once I have some more disposable income). My main concerns are does this compressor work with the airbrush listed below, do I need anything else? Heres what I've got in mind:   NEO CN GRAVITY-FEED DUAL-ACTION AIRBRUSH $97.20 CAD Paasche 10-foot Nylon Braided Hose $18 CAD Airbrush Cleaner 4 Kit, Washing Tools - Glass Cleaning Pot etc $22 CAD Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner 85ml $7 CAD   any advice would be appreciated
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 0 Anonymous, 155 Guests (See full list)