Sign in to follow this  
SpiritOfMadness

Bathalians

Thanks for the welcome and the praises!

These and a few shaerileth spiders I am working on are a way of trying a new technique for me, wet blending.

I did that on the tentacle thingies of the bathalians and later did a bit of fry brushing on top for some extra highlights.

I need a lot more practice befor I feel confident enough to start on Cthulhu :B):

After so long not doing anything with miniatures I am in awe of the endless cool models one can buy these days.. :blink:

• Like 5

Just keep shaking off the rust, which will happen through practice. If you need help, advice, or critiques please let us know.  ::):

• Like 2

They look amazing.

Great come-back.!

Minor nitpicking...base them, These are so cool they deserve a base to bring them to life!

Could be as easy as a base with some sand on it.

I look forward to see more of your work.

• Like 2

Very well done, I especially like the bone effect you have going there ;)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I really enjoyed painting these minis and hope to have a bunch more ready in the near future.

They look amazing.

Great come-back.!

Minor nitpicking...base them, These are so cool they deserve a base to bring them to life!

Could be as easy as a base with some sand on it.

I look forward to see more of your work.

I am planning to build a (small) diorama with them, so the base part is definitely going to happen.

• Like 2

Welcome back to the hobby! Your ten year break doesn't seem to have hurt your skills at all.

Very nice job on them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Great Gods!  I'd rather be
      A cultist suckled in a creed outworn
      Could I but see Cthulhu rising from the sea
      or hear old Dagon blow his wreathed horn."

(With apologies to William Wordsworth)

A desolate piece of grey coast on a very particular day in November.

The hour is right. The signs are right. The stars are right. 
      A pulse of sickly green light, far out to sea. 
      An hour passes, then two. It takes even one of the High Priest's blood a while to ascend from the crushing black depths.

Then, a boiling. A bubbling and a heaving of the waters. With a great splash, vast flabby webbed wings break the surface, followed by a most awful head. 

Brine cascades off its greasy hide in waterfalls as more and yet more of its colossal bulk emerges.

So, now. The summons worked. But did the binding?
      Foam churns around its loathsome feet as it strides up to the shore. 

(Cultist is played by 59039, Deadlands Noir Occult Detective.)

The Nolzur's Star Spawn is one heck of a chunk of model! Very good detail; good placement of clear water and primed plastic. Some places were NOT EASY TO REACH, but it turns out those wings pop right out of their sockets if you bend and wiggle them a bit. Found that out by accident. They pop back in pretty easily, too, so that helps a lot. 

Water is mostly GW blue and green contrasts mixed together. Takes a lot of time brushing back and forth before it adheres properly to the translucent plastic. A drybrushing with ivory white gets the foam caps. 
      Skin is mostly a base coat of AP Disgusting Slime graded with darker greens. Irregular rings of Reaper Ancient Oak and Reaper (sample internal-organ pink) provide some contrast; there's a lot of canvas and it needs variety. 

Decided to make my other Reaper spawns match the scheme. Eldritch demon, 77113, and Darkspawn Minion, 03438b. 

Alternate summoning:

And an as-yet-unpainted Great Cthulhu piggy bank that is about the right scale for the O.G. G. O. O. 
      Towering over the horizon, blotting out the sun--classic Cthulhu stuff.

• By spitfire23bc
      'Tis the season! I posted this a while ago before is got paint on him. Santac'Laus has featured in the Christmas one-shot games I've run for the last couple of years (and this year is no exception). He's gone from villain to lovable (but weird) friend, who rides a manta-ray-shaped sleigh, pulled by a team of beholders. 

If you're one of my players, please don't read the spoiler!

The hat, sack and present were all made with green stuff. The snow was made with snow powder mixed with water effects. 

• By lexomatic
      It this yesterday because it gives me a nice in-between mini from my reaper eldritch demon and my Cthulhu.
      This is about 90 minutes

Lots of inaccessible spots and texture which makes painting not fun. Will be making this shorter than planned as a result. Everything will get a flesh wash. I'll do some eyes and claws, then a medium and ink wash of the clear plastic water.
    • By lexomatic
      I decided to do a quick prime of my kickstarter minis. Creatures on blue /green spectrum got grey primer, and those that are fleshier got a mix of yellow & brown primer and a drop of craft red because I had it handy.
      No idea when I can next paint. Already did a good job obscuring some details.

• By Zethia
      When I first started painting minis about a year ago, I was pretty broke. Mini painting is not an easy hobby to support when you're broke, especially when starting out. I didn't really play any tabletop games, I sure as heck couldn't afford GW models, and I wasn't yet aware of Reaper. To cut my teeth, I kept an eye out for cheap board games with pieces I could practice on. I stumbled across a half-price copy of Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu from Z-Man Games. While the minis included aren't really intended for painting, they were good enough for me, and once I'd gathered a little toolkit and some inexpensive paints I eagerly got to work on my slapdash painting training program.

Pics in the thingy!
      I started out with the player characters...

• Who's Online   39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)