I know I have not posted in a while but life kept me busy.  To make up a bit for my absence I will add a few tonight,

first is my Halloween mini  01549 Headless Mousling from Reaper!

post-12816-0-08885400-1446686790_thumb.jpg

post-12816-0-17874900-1446686791_thumb.jpg

post-12816-0-79436200-1446686788_thumb.jpg

post-12816-0-99561400-1446686786_thumb.jpg

post-12816-0-39785600-1446686785_thumb.jpg

Please feel to throw tomatoes...rotten pumpkins,comments etc.. 

• Like 18

ROFL.. Oh so well done...

I know I have a few mouslings that need painting, and this one is a good prod !

Hysterical.. and just makes me smile. 

Reds, Oranges, and the complemtary green for the pumpkin eye really gave that a kick up !

Great Job.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Better late than never.

Here's some fun Pumpkin Horrors I painted up for @Inarah for Secret Sophie this past December.  I was still riding on my Halloween spirit when Secret Sophie began, but wanted to do something that fit the winter theme.  Inspired by the snowman-like design of the Pumpkin horrors and my own past mistakes of leaving pumpkins outside to rot all winter, I decided to do a holiday mashup with these guys left out in the cold too long.

With some time having passed, I wish I would have made them look a bit rotten and frost-bitten, but I also like the more colorful result.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

These were some fun minis and my first time working with metal.  I have now broken the seal and have started looking into other minis that I previously considered off-limits.  I also enjoyed participating in Secret Sophie and joining in to some of the forum shenanigans.  I highly recommend participating in these kinds of things for any who have been reticent.

What are some of your favorite holiday minis?
    • By DocPiske
      I know, I know, 2020 is scary enough, but here are some spooky miniatures.

First up, Fritz!

Scooby-dooby-doo, where are you?

I like how the blue edging came out on this one.

To be continued...

• By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By DocPiske
      After missing last year I'm back. Good thing I started painting in August, just finished these last weekend!

First up, a banshee (77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee). Not too happy with this one, still working on finding just the right way to use the translucent Bones. I like how the dress turned out, though.

Next up, 77097 Grave Wraith. Happier with this one, but still not quite right:

Next, another pumpkin golem, 03708 Freddie, the Pumpkin Horror. I think I'm only missing one now.

And what is Halloween without a spooky tree (03692 Halloween Tree):

Keeping with the pumpkin theme, here is the Halloween Knight, 01449. Color scheme shamelessly stolen from the mobs in Scholomance in World of Warcraft.

And finally, Halloween herself, 01450 All Hallow's Eve. She came out a bit more shiny than I intended.

Happy Halloween everyone!
    • By EldritchEladrin
      Sculpt by Bobby Jackson.

This Halloween themed project was stolen borrowed from a comment made by @strawhat in the "Acquisitions" thread, Re: the shiny orange MSP sample. He suggested that the Halloween Knight would look good with shiny orange plate mail and a white pumpkin head.

So that's what I did:

Very pleased with how this piece turned out! The shiny is much shinier in person, but I think my favourite part, is the use of a white pumpkin. Definitely the right call!

Paints I used for the majority of the work:

Also made use of MSP Shadowed Stone for the shield, and MSP Pale Olive for cape highlights.

As always, comments welcome! :)
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)