Sign in to follow this  
misterc

Dungeon Saga Undead

My copy of Dungeon Saga and associated extras arrived at the weekend and i have just started on some of the skeletons

Here they are washed and ready to paint.

DS1%20001_zpsuiomcobf.jpg

DS1%20002_zpsz895gv8l.jpg

DS1%20003_zpsuepe1yct.jpg

DS1%20004_zps2btzjii0.jpg

They did need a bit of hot water treatment to bend them back into shape; some of them looked like skeleton limbo dancers, and they needed a foot glueing in place.

I like the delicate look of the bones, and the skeleton with scythe reminds me of the old Heroquest classic.

• Like 15

Thanks.  I'm not sure how to describe the material.  Deep detail is good, but shallow detail is not quite as good.  Still plenty good enough for purpose though.

Currently the six skeletons are undercoated (brush on white) and I am part way through blocking in base colours.  I realise now that there are some mold lines I have missed, might go back and correct these; they are very hard to spot on unpainted plastic, but more obvious with a layer of paint on.

Update and pictures when I have got the base coats finished.

• Like 2

I like the delicate look of the bones, and the skeleton with scythe reminds me of the old Heroquest classic.

I was about to comment on that one. That was the first thing the popped into my head upon seeing them. Nice skeleys.

• Like 1

Base coats just about done.

ds1%20002_zpsybkkqbuw.jpg

ds1%20003_zpslzngkn2v.jpg

ds1%20004_zpsv2yagbpj.jpg

ds1%20005_zpsah2zjadw.jpg

The undercoat is brush on Vallejo Game Colour.  Bones are VGC Bone White, the various rags of clothing are a mixture om my old Citadel Foundation colours.  Steel is VGC Gunmetal thinned with black ink.

Next will be a wash.  I had originally planned to do a really quick job and just use Army Painter quickshade, but I think I'll try a bit harder on these.

C&C welcome

I hope the swordsman's skull looks a bit better shaped in the above pics, its not quite as rounded as the others, maybe in life he had a bit of a flat forehead?

• Like 9

The ones wearing pants crack me up. Not sure why...maybe it is the vertebrae disappearing into the dark abyss of the pants. Haha! I think these are great skellies!

• Like 3

The ones wearing pants crack me up. Not sure why...maybe it is the vertebrae disappearing into the dark abyss of the pants. Haha! I think these are great skellies!

It's the pockets, never underestimate the usefulness of pockets.
  • Like 3

Indeed , the swordsman does look better painted, he has a bit of a longer skull.

In a horde these would look great.

I love Undead armies..

• Like 1

Thanks Xherman, stick around for the rest of the bunch.

The skellys, while great, are not a patch on some of the other undead minis.  Just wait until you see the zombie trolls!

I need these for the first scenario though, so they got first preference.

• Like 3

Thanks Xherman, stick around for the rest of the bunch.

The skellys, while great, are not a patch on some of the other undead minis.  Just wait until you see the zombie trolls!

I need these for the first scenario though, so they got first preference.

Your painting them prior to playing th first scenario?! I couldn't stop my two sons playing the walkthrough scenario about 1/2 an hour after opening the box. I was reading the rules on the fly.

I do intend to paint these skeletons at some point but I may go for the trolls first.

• Like 4

Yup  ::D:

Put it down to restraint and self discipline.

(Or more likely my usual gaming group were finishing of a Delta Green scenario last games night, and my son is away at uni  :down: )

the bow skelies seem to be strutting a bit trying to impress the lady zombies maybe?

He always did have an eye for the ghouls.

(sorry)

Edited by misterc
  • Like 2