Infinity: Cherry Blossom Yu Jing

I'm not totally sold on the cherry-blossom color scheme choice of your client, but there's no doubt you did a great job of working with his request.  The blue/white fade and flower pattern on all the hakama looks just fantastic, and the shading and highlighting on all the figures looks really smooth and well done. 

• Like 5

I'm not totally sold on the cherry-blossom color scheme choice of your client, but there's no doubt you did a great job of working with his request.  The blue/white fade and flower pattern on all the hakama looks just fantastic, and the shading and highlighting on all the figures looks really smooth and well done. 

THIS

Quite a few people don't seem to like the color scheme, but I like it. I also think it's well-executed. I love how the blue/white complements it, as well as the freehand cherry branches. Lots of depth, and each part is discrete. I do think that on some of them there is a bit too much pink that isn't balanced out by other colors, but based on the models I understand why. Well done! I hope your client appreciates them!

I like the colors! I paint/game with a "traditionalist" that thinks nobody should wear super bright colors because they would stand out too much, such and such doesn't look realistic, etc. Well, I can't shoot lightning out of my fingertips nor have I ever seen a real life orc so I say paint it how it makes you happy. In this case, paint it how it makes the client happy! If they want pink and blue cherry blossom ninjas...well, they got them! Haha!

The color schemes on minis is never about functionality- whether they be bright or dark.

Now, I do love some brown-scale and grey-scale minis too (it is fun to have little other than value contrast to pull off the composition).  But I was very happy to paint up these bright minis.  I feel kind of inspired, and I think I'll do a variation on this for some of my own minis.

This is far from the hardest composition to get working that I've done.  I've painted Storm Lords, you know?

• Like 1