• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good.  I like the OSL touch on the base a lot!  My only advice would be to just touch a level of yellow-orange and/or orange-red above the yellow.  There tends to be quite a bit of orange in most (granted, non-elemental) flames.  Possibly an intermediary highlight between the red and black, but at the cooler end of the flame a little starkness can be striking visually--which is good.

• Like 1

Looks good.  I like the OSL touch on the base a lot!  My only advice would be to just touch a level of yellow-orange and/or orange-red above the yellow.  There tends to be quite a bit of orange in most (granted, non-elemental) flames.  Possibly an intermediary highlight between the red and black, but at the cooler end of the flame a little starkness can be striking visually--which is good.

Agreed and that is how I would have tackled it if wasn't a translucent mini. But I may try that on the smaller translucent elementals when I get to them.

Thanks for the feed back everyone and glad the pop of the fire is more evident. If this wasn't translucent I would have put a lot more transitions in the colors and added more black soot, but that seemed to be defeating the purpose of the translucent material.

Someone in my whip suggeted making the osl on the ground redder, so I may do that the next time I have some red on the pallette.