Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again. Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago.
Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash. It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed. Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green. Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste.
Thanks for looking.
Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....
So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...
Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....
So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....
About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......
OMG, please not again....
any and all comments gratefully ignored....
I'd never felt I had an artistic bone in my body until I started painting minis. Well, now, I decided I'm going to try my hand at 2D art.
I am following along Bob Ross videos on YouTube. I will note, and this is probably very important, that I am using acrylic paint and not oils. I did not want to spend oil paint prices since this is a new thing for me.
These are the two I've done:
Day 1: I learned a lot, I needed to do something with my paint to extend the drying time. This would have helped with the blending. Overall, happy with it excepting the house.
2: I used some slow dry medium mixed into the paint today. Not sure if it was not mixed well enough or I didn't use enough but it only gave me like 5 minutes or less of extra working time. If anyone has any suggestions for how to use slow dry medium, please, let me know. I'm using heavy bodied acrylic tube paints.
I followed along until the end and I decided to add some darker blue and green. I think that helped a lot.
Another note, need to find sturdier paper. While this is holding up it likes to curl slightly while drying. The second one is taped to the desk on the back to try to minimize that problem. I am currently using a mixed media paper.
It's a cougar! Specifically it's a firepelt cougar, from the world of Golarion (Pathfinder RPG).
It's also my submission for the Reaper Challenge League under the January theme of "Ice or Fire".
Pathfinder authors have described firepelts as having black-and-red or "autumnal" coloration, but I know of only one image in a Paizo book: the 5th anniversary book of Rise of the Runelords shows one as mostly black with thin orange stripes running down its back and orange rings on its tail. I used that as a point of departure, plus extra reference in the form of photos of cougars, and photos of rare recessive-gene "king cheetahs" that have stripes and large blotchy spots instead of the usual small round spots.
I cut away parts of this guy's integral base, and sculpted a grouping of rocks that the cougar is descending.
Who's Online 11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)