Sign in to follow this  
Heisler

Bones Ruined Tower Terrain Piece

This is not my work but since it involves the tower that comes with Dragons Don't Share I thought folks might be interested. There is some seriously nice work going on here and Kevin does a nice job stepping through his process.

http://mageknightkevin.blogspot.com/2015/11/ruined-tower-large-terrain-project-step.html

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maglok
      Boom!
      Partial stoney nudity: Females
      Partial stoney nudity: Males

• By BLZeebub
      Here's the finished product.  WIP here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88136-blzeebub-builds-another-bird-boxbegin/&tab=comments#comment-1870132  I made this as a wedding gift for some friends.  I think they'll dig it and maybe you will too.

More moss!  I added a stained bottom for easy attachment to a post.  I also decided to enrich the wood of the door and slapped some wood stain on it for depth of color.  The metal I roughed up a bit with sandpaper and sprayed with a solution of salt, hydrogen peroxide, and vinegar to speed oxidation.  Though the ridge cap is galvanized steel and the chimney is aluminum, so who knows what that oxidation will actually look like!  Questions, comments, critiques always welcome!

• By Scott W
      My first time posting to this forum, please let me know if I misstep :p

Reaper Bones Black: 44002 Rock Troll

I added a more rocky base using rock and some plastic crystals carved from leftover plastic sprue. Also added some more crystals to his elbows and side. The elbows were just because I thought it would make it look more menacing but the one on his side was because of a huge hole leftover from the moulding process. To take care of assembly lines I used some of the rock I cracked apart for the base.

I still have the belt and pouch to do, along with the base and some smoothing if blends in his muscles. 

Feedback and CC most welcome!!! 

• By Werkrobotwerk
      So the reason I had spare blackstar rifles was that I decided a proper pirate captain needs a sword. 

So I built this guy with the bones 3 weapon pack, and the spare head off of the bones 4 bulldog armor. 

His sword has much fire, and his reactor a distressing blue glow. 

• By BLZeebub
      So...gonna make this a WIP though it's technically done as of yesterday.  At the risk of becoming the "birdhouse guy" I opted to skip the registry of household (comm)oddities and make a bluebird nesting box for my friends' wedding.  I think they'll appreciate it.

I wanted a kind of whimsical, cottage style--the crazy roof being the focus.  After much perusing of images of "fairy house," "magic cottage," and the like I settled on a basic design.   I used a jigsaw to cut out the front and back walls from 1/2" plywood.  Side walls are similarly non-square.  Wood glue and finishing nails later and I had a frame.

While that dried I soaked some 5mm (1/4") plywood in hot water long enough to soften it and bent it slowly onto the frame, clamped it for a day, and glued and nailed.  Repeated for the other side.  The two sides of ply were differently happy to take a curve so I acquiesced to the wood.  Some peeling of the outer ply occurred, but later I scraped that off.

For the rocks, I took some "river pebbles" from the local big box hardware store, rinsed off the dust and began applying with heavy duty landscaping adhesive (might have actually been Liquid Nails brand--I've used it before for the same effect).  Let these cure and catch up with other life for a few days then on to the other sides!

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)