Sign in to follow this  
Mage Knight Kevin

(03465) Spider Demoness

Great job on her, you'll actually want to LINK the full frontal pic that shows her breasts off-site as the mods will remove the posts due to the nudity rules in the forum guidelines.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

From your blog:

“For the blood splatters, I blew brown and red ink onto the base and then finished it off with GW's Blood for the Blood God tech paint.â€

Can you expand on this? How do you blow paint?

Looks great!!

From your blog:

“For the blood splatters, I blew brown and red ink onto the base and then finished it off with GW's Blood for the Blood God tech paint.â€

Can you expand on this? How do you blow paint?

Looks great!!

I've seen it done a few ways:

1) an empty dropper bottle, squeeze it so it sucks up some ink from the palette and then squeeze it out using the air in the bottle to "splatter" it wherever you want on the figure/base.

2) take a flat paint brush, load it with a little paint, then actually blow on the brush so that the paint is randomly splattered on the figure/base using the air from your lungs.

3) take a paint springy brush (a brush with more snap to it), load it with paint, then use your finger to pull the brush tip back and then let it spring forward and splatter the paint on the figure/base.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      So after too many years of painting with my bottles just in boxes or standing around on my shelf of shame or in various drawers, I have finally at much cost of labor made paint organizers!  BEHOLD!  I made these to hold up to 204 Reaper dropper sized bottles (Army Painter and Vallejo fit too).  They aren't the only ones I use by any means, but they're the bulk of my paint collection.

Wasn't the hardest thing in the world, but honestly I might try another method if I do this again.  Right now the units are loose, probably going to lean them on the wall--eventually I would put supports on the backs so they can stand up at an angle (think picture frames).  The insane super duper bonus feature is that I can put the two together and transport, or more importantly, SHAKE all my paints at once!  The main purpose was organization though and being able to see each of my paints and, when I've organized and sorted them, see the spectrum at a glance rather than digging through a drawer as I have been doing.  For the chromophiles out there I'll post pics when they're sorted and in their proper places.

To make them, I sized the bottles and figured out the hole size and spacing (bottles are about 1" diameter, I used a 1 1/8" hole saw (paddle bit blew out the back side) and drilled 102 holes (sandwiched the 3/4" boards together).  It took hours as my drills' batteries kept dying and the saw lost its good edge by the 60th holes or so.  I used the "holes" I drilled out as supports (had to chisel the middle supports in half) between the silver parts and the 5mm (yes, civilized world, in the US we know how to use proper/metric, and certain sizes of wood are specified in metric!) plywood base (black, not really visible).  I carefully glued and screwed these together.  Decided to use up some spray paint I had lying around.  Enjoy and be inspired!

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild Oni Beauty, Tsuki.
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars

Part of my project: NIPPON, Land of the Rising Moon, WIP: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/14/#comments

Tried a little freehand on the fan.

• By Thrym
      We all keep knick knacks and trinkets to make things from in the future.  Whether it's some small bit, like dragon pendant I got from Salvation Army for 50 cents or some cardboard forms that hold tech devices in place that look like good buildings for Battletech.

I wrote about Bottlecaps as bases a while ago.

Recently, I found the plastic mounting bracket that's been floating around my bench and figured out what I wanted to start making.  I usually draw out what I intend to do, but the shape of the bracket defined its purpose.

This compilation uses a bunch of various finds.  So towards that end, I am going to have a little contest.  

Guess all of the items which I used in here and you will get a random Bones mini.  I will provide a numbered list and one clue because one SET is fairly hard to figure out.

1. ______
      2. ______
      3. ______
      4. ______
      5. ______ Bracket

Clue:  These odd pieces were disassembled from a triangular cap.

The bricks are actual brick I bought off of Wish.  I got the standard bricks plus the square in gray and brick red.  I also have small triangles in brick red.

The stone was split length wise so it was nice and flat. The terrain is a custom grind of bark, black walnut bark, dark cork and and coarse normal cork.

The gears are from Michael's jewelry and findings section.  Some of the white on the terrain is baking soda mixed with super glue.

Here's the piece primed...

Stay tuned and enjoy.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a Kyogin Oni from Artisan Guild.
      She's one big mean girl!

Printed on my Elegoo Mars Resin Printer.

WIP here as she's part of my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/13/

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)