Cool Bear!!

That REALLY is a COOL Bear...well put Xhermann! I love the color of his muzzle & his sparkly eyes. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

I never realized dire bears knew Kung-Fu! There's a killer attack about to come there.

The snout is really well done.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      Second background, in progress.  Started with tape to control swelling and rolling.  First coat was brushed (1.5" cheap brush from hobby store) with a mix of gesso, water, and Patio Paint Fiesta Yellow (probably a dab of khaki to dull the tone too).  After a day or two to dry I used a chunk of construction sponge to cover the paper with a mix of water, pva glue, a drop of dish soap (helps with rings at this consistency, or so I believe), and Ceramcoat Raw Sienna (possibly some Apple Barrel Nutmeg too for redness).  Swiped the whole thing for coverage, then blotted, dragged, and blew as it dried a bit to achieve the variation in texture you see.  This one is going great, I must say.  The first one I did didn't look like the image in my mind until about 7 steps in, and never quite looked right.  Question, comments, critiques welcome!

• By BLZeebub
      Finished this a while ago actually, but am just now posting the finished product.  I got a bug and am now making a few variations on these--just on art paper for the moment, but I wouldn't mind having them printed on neoprene or something a little more durable.  Now I just need more minis to photo in front of them!  Let me know what you think.  WIP here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83003-attempting-to-paint-generic-backgrounds-for-miniature-photography/&tab=comments#comment-1760821

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Owlbear promo from Bones Black.  It was a lot of fun to paint!  As an aside, does anyone know if this can still be purchased through Reaper?  I can't find it on the site anymore... :(

• By Glitterwolf
      Recently I painted a Crypt Lord and in the Show Off there was an introduction.
      See and read it here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87523-asar-crypt-lord-by-glitterwolf/

@Gadgetman! commented that he wanted to see the goat.
      So here it is, it's from the Animal Companion Set sculpted by @TaleSpinner Reaper Sku 03719.
      I love your animal sculpts Andrew, they are a real pleasure to paint!

Omar's son, Mehmet herded the goats but his mind was elsewhere, one of the goats wandered off without him noticing it.
      Our adventurous animal took off and found herself walking between the ancient ruins of a long dead civilization.
      When it entered a dark building it got scared and it bleated loudly, the sound echoed through the empty halls.

Alarmed by the noise General Ahm Me Hula the Second rose from his Sarcophagus, ENEMIES!!! RAIDERS!!! He needed to protect the Pharaoh!
      He rose from his slumber and quickly grabbed his weapons.
      Time to once again defend the realm!

He alarmed his men and all over the place skeleton and mummy warriors rose from their eternal sleep.
      The Pharaoh himself needed to be warned!
      Giving the order to a Liche Priest he himself walked out to investigate how many raiders there were in the ruins.
      The first enemy he encountered was Omar who was looking for his goat.

And so it came to pass that our dear little goat was responsible for the awakening of the Tomb Lords.
      Their armies are now gathering and the living must once again fear their wrath!

WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1854891

The name of our General is a variation on a expression from my Birthcity Rotterdam...

https://nl.bab.la/woordenboek/nederlands-engels/ammehoela
    • By HolkDiggity
      I've been trying to do a bit of painting every day, since RCon is coming up so soon. I have a problem with long-term projects, though, so I need to occasionally work on something quick and sweet in between. Sometimes I need to finish something to keep me motivated, you know? Tonight's lucky candidate was this bear, whom I love. His name is Randall and he likes standing in fields.

Anyhow, enjoy!

• Who's Online   46 Members, 4 Anonymous, 274 Guests (See full list)