Sign in to follow this  
Prex

77198: Barrow Rats as plague bearing vermin

It's been ages since I've painted or posted but, as the weather turns nasty, it's motivated me to get out the brushes. Here's a few quickly painted rats for tabletop.

I was going for an infected / diseased look. As always, comments and critiques are welcome.  

post-13141-0-42211800-1447532486_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

You achieved a TRULY HORRENDOUS appearance with what is actually a very attractive color. That, along with some SPLENDID brushwork, makes the disease ridden vermin OUTSTANDING  creations...VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Small detail, I would've liked something like a wash to darken the creases in the tail/skin, even with the skin at the same colour. The tails looks too clean compared to the rest of the minis. As others have said, wonderfully disgusting.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 1

Small detail, I would've liked something like a wash to darken the creases in the tail/skin, even with the skin at the same colour. The tails looks too clean compared to the rest of the minis. As others have said, wonderfully disgusting.

It's funny, I washed the tail twice to bring out the creases but with no luck. I may go back and try again. :)

Maybe try a brown wash on the tails? If you were using the flesh wash, it might have been too close to the color of the tails to be noticed. I think they look fantastic, love how all their fur and the pustules all look.

• Like 1