Who's Playing?

Has anyone actually heard of anyone else wanting to play Warlord? I don't mean the fanboyz n grlz on these boards, of course they say they want to play, but I mean out in the world.

In my neck o the woods (Houston, Tx) I don't think anyone that's not on these boards has even heard of Warlord. I know a guy who runs CAV games that was surprised when I told him about the upcoming Warlord game.

So really, honestly, is anyone gonna play this or will it fade into obsecurity like most other things?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to play, just haven't had the time to paint my demo armies yet. I'm also kinda waiting to time my demo's with the release of the rule book.

I think the ability to fill out your fantasy army a lot cheaper than you can with GW might be kind of appealing. It certainly was to me.

I've had prety good results doing demos at the Warroom and Hobbytown USA. Several players have come to more than one demo. Several have noted the advantages of Warlord over Mordheim, for example.

My own game group was playing Mordheim almost exclusively prior to the opportunity to be playtesters for Warlord. Since then, I've played one game of Mordheim, and no games of Warhammer. And I don't have any kind of contract.....

I am with Spartan6. Especially, the comment on GW.

Until rules are released and the supplements available for the factions, not many will be on board. I have a gaming group ready to go. We have played the Beta and had fun. Now we are waiting. None of us are ready to make purchases until rules and supplements are available and we can choose the factions that most interests each of us. Another sneak peek in Casketworks like with Razig would sure help me endure the wait.

::(:

- dewen the patient

At our gaming store they are planning on running demos, and none of the interested people are on these boards as best I know. I may have prodded them a little bit for the demo, but you know everyone needs a nudge now and then :rolleyes:

As far as rules popularity, try to remember that the Warlord rules are not out in the retail world yet, and the download is not entirely complete (no faction specific armies, for example). It should be expected that the only people who have them are the "fanboyz n grlz"; anyone extra who's playing is a huge credit to the game.

I know a few people who are interested in using Warlord rules for historical Renaissance skirmish games. This is a case where the beta army list is fully complete for their needs.

We attended a Con last month and debuted our Warlord demos there. Due to communication errors, the con staff left us out of the events book.

I lost count of the number of people that came up and wished they had known we were going to be there because they were very interested in the game.

We had a packed table all weekend and several dozen emails since from people excited about the game, asking questions or for more events.

And not a one is a member here, or at least they weren't at the time of the con....

cher ^_^

Seems to go over well when I demo it. They could be blowing sunshine up my hiney, but I've only had one guy say he didn't like it after we played (sadly, he had bad luck dice that I think soured his experience, since he really should have taken my Warlord out after surrounding him and didn't).

People are waiting on the rulebook and faction lists though (and probably more grunt packs, since I haven't seen a lot of interest in DHL proxies). I'm hoping to set up a campaign at the LGS.

I have been a huge Reaper fan for some time. While searching the website for new mini's to use in Circus Murderous ©, I found the rules for Warlord. I am an avid miniatures player and I will introduce the game to my play group. We are located in Knoxville TN. I'd love to hook up with anyone in the area with more experience with the rules.

Fo

well here in "ye olde europe" :D

i have not found to much reception. I have one who is interested in playing the game. However it would help if my local gaming store would carry the Reaper line. I can order all the stuff there but he doesn'T have anything in the store...

In my neck o the woods (Houston, Tx) I don't think anyone that's not on these boards has even heard of Warlord. I know a guy who runs CAV games that was surprised when I told him about the upcoming Warlord game.

I had to introduce Horizon Games to the fact that Warlord was even out there. That was a while ago, though, and they've been carrying the line ever since. I haven't seen anyone playing it, though, but gaucho and I have been toying with some ideas on getting it going.