DSM1139 - FEMALE MAGE WITH STAFF[new pics & old pics]

Silvervane

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'm glad I went with a simple paint scheme.  At first I had thought to go gypsy, but I like this choice.

3 hard colors: red, white and black.  I love the highlighting- so sharp!  I feel like if you had a slightly darker line just above each eye, it would read like lashes and look sultrier.  Really awesome work!! 

Great idea!  I haven't sealed her yet, so I think I can pull that off.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of last year's limited release figures that I painted during the summer.  She has the right amount of detail, I spent some time trying to do NMM on her armor and weapon.  Felt that the pose was a bit dull and static, and her face is odd.  Liked how the green part of her cloak came out, not so happy with the yellow, need to practice more, 

• By Inarah
      Another one from August. From the Greek Odyssey expansion in B5.  She has just enough detail to be interesting without being overwhelming to paint. Wish the casting had been a little sharper. I had to outline a lot to make things stand out. 

• By Shredzilla666
      So here's another from the last year.   I was unmotivated at first because the facial detail was a bit lacking but I like the way it turned out.  

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening my Reaperhoovians!

So just finished up this little blister pack of Shadowrun Elves sculpted by Ral Partha either latter eighties/early nineties, by Dennis Mize.  Two ladies and two gentlemen, challenge as always was figuring out what colors I wanted for them.  Being it's all funky monkey science fictiony, can't help but thinking of a little more lively colors and lively hair colors for the most part.

and I figured the last figured I'd do as a Drow, no idea if there are any Drow in Shadowrun but painting's not solving world peace or saving lives, so even if there are no Drow in Shadowrun, nobody will lose a finger.

And here's the group as it's all together:

I wanted them to fit all in one page so I didn't put them on bases, and I painted the rim black, and I can see a little bit of irregularities on that.  Not sure if I may eventually actually either repaint the base or actually put them on bases so they don't fall over.  The biggest problem is after I take them off their temporary base, I don't want to touch them and that's where it all gets tricky.

Anyhow, a problem for later, hope you enjoy these in the meantime!

• By Iridil
      So I needed an NPC - and this Bones V townsfolk called to me as a low level mage. He is supposed to be a ship's mage, helping dvinine weather and sea creatures, so I choose blue and then tried freehand silver symbols. My lack of freehand skill and patience quickly showed up! But he's good for the table and was done in time to use. He looks a bit worried - which fits the character