Redecorating my Office

Reaperbryan

I think you should have a Big Red Button. Oh, it doesn't do anything. It just sits there, waiting to be pushed.

Alternatively, have a sign next to it saying "Do not press - destroys the world!" Have it rigged so it tracks how many times it has been pressed. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Or call it "Reality Reset" and when it gets pressed an email goes out to a select few people who then begin to post that something seems off. The Berenstein Bears is spelled differently. And how come nobody else remembers President Gore? The Simpsons live in Springhill! Bill Murray died in 1996!

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE REMEMBER ANY OF THIS?!

• Like 7

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should have a Big Red Button. Oh, it doesn't do anything. It just sits there, waiting to be pushed.

Alternatively, have a sign next to it saying "Do not press - destroys the world!" Have it rigged so it tracks how many times it has been pressed. :lol:

Huzzah!

From Ren and Stimpy....

The History Eraser Button!

What happens if I push it?

Maybe something bad, maybe something good.....

• Like 2

With as big of a Paranoia fan as Bryan is, definitely need clones.

That was my first thought with the clone talk, too. Somewhere in the room should be a name plate stating the offices security clearance level, too.

Huzzah!

That tracker will need to track a lot of numbers.

Many years ago, when I worked at a family fun center, my boss and I set a locked but empty wooden box on a counter near the snack bar with a slot just big enough for a token and left it there for a few days. It had several dozen tokens in it when we opened it back up.

People will push buttons and put coins in slots, especially if they are unmarked, and there is no good reason to do it.

Or install a counter. like they had in "LOST".

Do not explain why it's there!

Instead of a countdown timer, even more fun would be if it tracked something only Bryan knew about. Such as something like every time one of us used ReaperBryan on the forum. Use an Arduino board to control the counter, and connect that to an IFTTT script to make it track something random.  I believe plans for something similar can be found via MAKE magazines website. 

That way it would just randomly count up, and if it happened to do so while someone was in his office, he could just smile knowingly. 

• Like 6

I've got one that will work no matter the rest of the furnishings:

Super glue a quarter to some prominent and conspicuous location; you can get a chuckle out of watching folks try to pick it up.

Use one hour epoxy, superglue has a tendency to lose its strength over time. I glued the tips of a pair of scissors together by accident and after a year they opened with very little extra pressure.

• Like 2

Gluing things down with this group?

"Oh, you have a quarter glued to your table... here's my trusty [chemical of glue dissolver]! Let me take care of that for you!"

Or you get what happened when the first movie theater our Rocky cast played in shut down and they sold off all the seats to anybody who wanted 'em for twenty dollars a pair...

This guy Ray's seats were stuck - painted solid right onto the floor even after the bolts were removed.

So I went over and did my Hulk routine. I leaned over, grabbed the bottom of the seats and heaved.

And one of the legs of the pair of seats actually broke off just above the floor, leaving the base of it still epically stuck to the floor.... :huh:

Knowing how things go, somebody'd probably manage to actually pick up the quarter and take a nice chunk of whatever it was glued to with it, lol.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7

I can now picture Bryan's office having multiple red boxes with glass fronts all over it, each containing a different emergency item.

Wooden Stake "in case of Vampires, break glass."

Bicycle helmet "in case Ed has a brick in his hand, break glass."

Snickers bar "in case of hunger, break glass."

Bottle of beer "in case of party, break glass."

And so on and so forth - you get the idea.

• Like 6