Recommendations for aristocratic female minis?

Aristo

Hi folks!

So I'm playing a Witch in my current Pathfinder campaign and I need a good mini for her. She comes from an affluent, noble background; a family which made a pact for power with several extraplanar entities. They practice witchcraft under the protection of their status, in an otherwise very straight-laced, religious society. 

While I like Reaper's selection of minis, I can't find one that really fits my vision of her. Ideally, she'd be in very expensive attire; probably a gown. Schulbert's Queen Ileosa almost fits the bill, asides from being a canon Pathfinder character. The Master Spy also has the look going for it, but I don't want a mask. She shouldn't really have a weapon or staff in her hand, maybe asides from a wand. 

I have tried looking at other manufacturers as well, but I can't seem to match the concept to the minis. I won't lie; I'm a little picky when it comes to poses and faces. I need a mini that feels very regal, confident and highbrow.

Edited by Aristo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darksword's Muse erato 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/cb/a3/58cba3af00a4dc1cc536b28a56651d03.jpg

Moffett from relic knights

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/elderbot/media/Relic%20Knights%20Star%20Nebula%20Corsairs/Moffet1_zpsc0378330.jpg.html

Cordelia from anima tactics

http://www.fantization.com/ProductImages/anima_tactics/anima_dark/FFGCS2011.gif

wierd west boudi from hasslefree.

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/img_cms/product_images/HFH106%20Wild%20West%20Boudi%20composite.jpg

I have Moffett, Boudi and Muse Erato. Muse is a bit larger but is a lovely model. Boudi is really nice but probably requires a lot of conversion to fit your need. Moffett would fit better as an aristocratic duelist, but I also like the model. 

Cordelia from anima tactics looks nice. I dont have her, but I believe the rifle is a separate piece. 

Oh, and from reaper...

Hannah Black ruby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/seansullivan/Hannah-Blackruby.jpg

the wand arm is seperate, Mine has a flintlock... :)

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

Have you looked at Dark Swords's George RR Martin Masterworks line? There quite a few female characters represented that could work for you.

I have, but I needed to go back and refresh my memory. I really do like the Cersei Lannister sculpt; very pompous and even a touch narcissistic, which fits my character!

Oh, and from reaper...

Hannah Black ruby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/seansullivan/Hannah-Blackruby.jpg

the wand arm is seperate, Mine has a flintlock... :)

The photo you linked really shows the potential of that figure. That one may actually work quite well!

Edited by Aristo
  • Like 1

Hannah Blackruby would have been my first suggestion, but Reaper has a lot of other classy ladies. Check out 3343: DHL Classics: Female Wizards, any of those 3 work as an upper class lady. 77036: Devona, Female Wizard is another nice one. You might also give 3682: Willow Greenivy, Witch and 3648: Hyrekia, Dragonthrall Mage a look.

• Like 1

Corraline Thaddington, Sheila Heidmarch and Hannah Blackruby have all been mentioned, but they are the first three that spring to mind...gawds but I love those three minis.

Also I love so many of the Darksword minis. The GRRM handmaidens are also really aristocratic, despitethe name.

• Like 2

I don't see why you couldn't use Ileosa.

So what if she is canonical.  Unless you're going to run into her in game, shouldn't matter.  And besides, different paint jobs, and a little bit of conversion (swap out the fan for something else).  They could just be two fancy ladies.

I've always like the old school Hyrekia.  You'd have to nip her ears, but otherwise.

No one has mentioned the Ghost Bride.  Remove the bouquet, and she's good to go.

Ariana Fairy Princess could work.  The wings are a separate piece.

Queen of the High Elves.  Just nip the ears.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 3

Hi folks!

So I'm playing a Witch in my current Pathfinder campaign and I need a good mini for her. She comes from an affluent, noble background; a family which made a pact for power with several extraplanar entities. They practice witchcraft under the protection of their status, in an otherwise very straight-laced, religious society. 

While I like Reaper's selection of minis, I can't find one that really fits my vision of her. Ideally, she'd be in very expensive attire; probably a gown. Schulbert's Queen Ileosa almost fits the bill, asides from being a canon Pathfinder character. The Master Spy also has the look going for it, but I don't want a mask. She shouldn't really have a weapon or staff in her hand, maybe asides from a wand. 

I have tried looking at other manufacturers as well, but I can't seem to match the concept to the minis. I won't lie; I'm a little picky when it comes to poses and faces. I need a mini that feels very regal, confident and highbrow.

How about this?

Figone / Degra / Mademoiselle Rocateau.

Degra_zpswxxk3rvi.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folks!

How about this?

Figone / Degra / Mademoiselle Rocateau.

Degra_zpswxxk3rvi.jpg

Well, if we're looking at things like that (France just before the Revolution and all), I adore Micro Art Studio's "Esme Weatherwax II".

• Like 2