Esme "Granny" Weatherwax in a ball gown, from Micro Art Studio

Pingo

My brain really wants to believe that this is a 54mm or larger piece, but I've got a sneaky suspicion that she's really 25-28mm, isn't she...  It's just mind-boggling that you've got so much going on with such a tiny piece!  :blink:

And the black + interference dress is amazing!!  ^_^

Thanks!

Micro Art Studios calls these figures "30mm". They are a little big, about half a head taller than Reaper human miniatures (and they tower over Hasslefree's little women). Granny Weatherwax is about as tall as Reaper's female Githyanki/ Astral Reaver or Reaper's Tierdeleira dark elf.

Which is to say she is a smidgen big, but still pretty danged small.

• Like 4

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She did a brilliant job painting it.  The effects on the dress are really beautiful and the expression is the perfect image of a disdainful witch pretending to be disdainful aristocrat.

For those who haven't read Pratchett, the book Masquerade is a combination of a parody of Phantom of the Opera and ironic commentary on opera.

• Like 2

Just had to comment on this one. I looked at the first pic and said, "My god that's ugly!" And then my second thought was that technically it's some of the nicest painting I've seen. I love the skin and the dress. She still scares the beejeebies out of me but that's what she's supposed to do. Not someone I want ot go to the ball with.

• Like 1

• Artists

The dress is nifty, but it's the grey hair that really stands out as  a great piece of work to me. Pale in colour, definitely grey/white, but with a lot of richness and contrast. Not easy to do!

• Like 3