Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett's "Guards! Guards!"

Pingo

I really hope you have the illustrated edition of 'The Last Hero'. lots of great pictures of dragons, there.

We do, and "The Art of Discworld" and "Nanny Ogg's Cookbook" and quite a number of adjunct books.

Oddly enough, I didn't think to refer to them when I was painting this.

• Like 2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Sam Vimes is a favorite character with moi also. You've brought him to life WONDERFULLY. FANTASTIC WORK!

Is that Errol he's holding?

No, that's Lord Mountjoy Quickfang Winterforth IV, "the hottest dragon in the city."

If I recall correctly, Errol is either silver or bronze.

To be honest, I never quite thought the *regular* swamp dragons looked like this. Errol was described as being especially weird-looking, a sport because, as it turns out, he was jet-powered. I always thought the regular swamp dragons looked more like sleek little snaky mini-dragons.

But whether or not it jibes exactly with my mental vision of the scene, it does jibe with the official art and it was a fun little miniature to paint.

• Like 2

No, that's Lord Mountjoy Quickfang Winterforth IV, "the hottest dragon in the city."

If I recall correctly, Errol is either silver or bronze.

To be honest, I never quite thought the *regular* swamp dragons looked like this. Errol was described as being especially weird-looking, a sport because, as it turns out, he was jet-powered. I always thought the regular swamp dragons looked more like sleek little snaky mini-dragons.

But whether or not it jibes exactly with my mental vision of the scene, it does jibe with the official art and it was a fun little miniature to paint.

Thanks for the info. I still haven't started the second of the Night Watch stories. Errol is the only Swamp Dragon I know by name. I LOVE his eyes!

• Like 1

Not started... but...You probably don't have a hardboiled egg for breakfast on May 25th, either, then...

I'm a wee bit confused about this post. Of course we do (although sometimes we have poached eggs instead). Not wiling to poach the neighbor's lilacs, but we do enjoy the scent.

• Like 1