Jump to content

Speed paint: old GW monopose skaven


Chaoswolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By Hack Mini Painter
      Hi Gang,
      Been a while... this project took some time. The shoulder and knee pads were a lot of "cut and paste" (read kitbash). This isn't strictly the "Emperor's" lore, but I'm just a painter so I do whatever I like. I've also been a bit obsessed with fluorescent paint lately, and the plasma gun got the full treatment.
       

       
      In the end I didn't try pushing this project further as I was just running out of gas. Perhaps I could have left it on the "shelf of aging" for a while and come back to it, but in the end they made a sweet squad that I'm pleased with. See the sides, back and all that. Here.
       
      Thanks for checking it out,
      HMP
    • By Rickdraco
      As I mentioned in the thread on the Captain with Terminator Honours, here is the best painted Dreadnaught I have done, the trident symbol on the  front is the chapter insignia. Let me know what you think!

    • By Mckenna35
      Started this guy back in 2010 and, after eleven years of on and off work (mostly off), I'm going to say he's finished. There are things I could do better now than when I started him, and certainly areas I could try to tweak more, but I'd rather save the energy/time for another figure. 54mm Games Workshop "Brother Artemis" Space Marine from the old "Inquisitor" game.  Made a few minor tweaks (repositioned the sword) and left off a few bits 'cause I didn't like how they looked.  Base was sanded down and then rebuilt with plastic card to look industrial.  Nowadays I can just buy 40mm bases that are done this way. It was actually the first part thing that got painted which meant I had to be careful when I was painting the figure! Painted primarily with Reaper paints.





    • By jadeite
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/resinwarfare/resinwarfare-the-ravenous-hordes-ratmen-exclusive-models
       
      A huge number of modular Skaven/Ratkin models for 3d printing. The EB gets you 200 files for 30€.
    • By Rat13
      Though I have no actual intention of playing until Quarantine 37 is released I went ahead and created a Stargrave crew. Initially this was only an excuse to start planning out the crew and maybe even finalizing a list/crew sheet. Once I had finished filling out the crew sheet however I couldn't help but notice that I probably had all the figures needed for this crew. A quick rifle through my backlog just confirmed my suspicion. Even more interesting though, at least for me, was the rediscovery that I don't own any unpainted Guardsmen with flamers. I had planned to paint one up specifically for this crew but it turns out I don't own any unpainted ones. So before the project even began I've already finished a miniature, talk about speed painting. 
       
      Armed with the remaining nine figures I decided this would be a nice palette cleansing project. Oh yes, I actually made that joke. It also occurred to me that this would be a great project to try my hand at speed painting too. After a few years of debatably tabletop quality paintjobs I'm eager to see the results I can achieve when I'm trying to paint quickly.  
       
      One quick note before jumping in, this single post condenses four nights of work all together. 

      Back row from left to right: My Captain, First Mate, Gunner, Burner, Sniper, Grenadier, Runner 1, and Runner 2
      Front row: Recruit 1, and Recruit 2 
       

      First up was my Captain who needed some conversion work. I'm not exactly worried about WYSIWYG for this particular batch but I figured my Captain deserved the extra "effort". That extra effort being laughable once you see it.  


      A quick snip of the hand, a pin, and some glue completed the conversion. I'm not exactly big into converting but this may just be the lowest effort conversion I've ever done. 
       

      Painting the Captain proved to be a little more involved but about half a session later I had a nearly finished miniature. The First Mate went even quicker as I chose to go with a limited color scheme.
       
       
      Next were my three remaining specialists. My Gunner like the Captain took about half of a painting session with the Sniper and Grenadier taking most of the remaining time. That bit of leftover time wasn't wasted though as Recruit 1 received most of its basecoat.
       

      My two recruits were finished pretty quickly during tonight's session. The Runners received most of their basecoat but I ended up running out of time tonight. 
×
×
  • Create New...