The Ice Storm in Texas and Oklahoma is winding down, but I was wundering-does anyone in Texas and\or Oklahoma have any storm reports? (e.g., ice accumulation\accretion, snow\sleet accumulation, power outages, road conditions, etc.)

As I live in Illinois, I am just getting plain ole rain. Had a flash flood watch this morning.

Any reports?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston Texas: was a sticky, muggy 72°F yesterday.

Amarillo Texas: was 27°F and a little iced up.

Dallas Texas: 57 inches of rain for the year and counting as of last night. (Prior record for annual rainfall was 53 inches: 1991)

Marvin reported (in the random thread) being iced in and having his electric power knocked out for awhile yesterday.

Texas is so big we can haz three out of the four seasons on the same day...

• Like 6

Texas Panhandle indeed is iced pretty well. Don't know accumulation, but everything's white. With sleet. Kind of sucks. Did lose power for a few hours yesterday morning but otherwise no problems. People were out and about yesterday, though we stayed home. Got a fair bit more frozen precip last night. Think it's past us now. Not breaking freezing until tomorrow. Wife says we're braving it, today, so. Woooooo. See y'all on the other side.

• Like 2

The last of our roses had already dropped, but the ice and cold have brought all the leaves off the trees, now. We have the layer of ice in our yard and a green layer of leaves atop it. Actually provides a ton of traction, so I'm kind of digging it. :lol:

We made it out and about. Not breaching the freezing point but a mixture of salt and traffic has made the main drags easily passable.

• Like 2

"Frozen roses" has a lovely, poetical sound.

They are rather pretty. A lot of them were still budding when the ice Storm rolled in

My daughter the Paint Minion saw this, and did write a poem.....

Pretty good one too, in my opinion....

G

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By brsdr
      Inspired by others 'project threads' - and with a return to face-to-face gaming on the horizon - I thought I'd start my own thread of minis I'm painting for WOTC's Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (D&D 5e).

If nothing else this will help to keep me focused on the relevant bits of my unpainted pile, despite all the Bones V calling out to me 🙂

Feedback welcome - with the caveat that I'm an average painter at best, and aiming for table use not display!

Anyone planning on playing this campaign might not want to read further; the minis will inevitably spoil some of the encounters.

To start off, I've lined up the following:

Grimtalon the Roc (Reaper 77946)
      Frost Giant Skeleton (Gale Force 9 71127)
      Kings of War: Northern Alliance Clansmen (Mantic Games MGKWL301) 
      Frost Shaman Boudi (Hasselfree HFH187) 
      Frost Mage Matthias (Hasselfree HFH199)
      Semira Marise (Hasselfree HFX023)
      Polar Bear (WizKids DeepCuts WZK73727-W9)

Hoping to get cracking this weekend. There's also a dragon on the way, and maybe a few others...

• By Metalchaos
      Happy New Year's Eve everyone. To end the year with a little snow, I completed this base today. I had painted the Yeti two years ago, and he was only lacking a thematic basis. This is the Bones version of 77434, Yeti Chieftain sculpted by Jason Wiebe. The artificial snow is BF4103 from Army Painter Battlefields. The icicles were made with pieces of translucent plastic and gloss Mod Podge.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      A winter storm buried my part of the globe in snow last night so I'm filling a bit chilly.  So today's the perfect day to show off these frigid little birds from Bones 4.

More Below the Spoiler:

These were a fun little set, though they took me longer to do than I anticipated.  So much black and white really killed my motivation.  Glad they're done and decently satisfied with the results.  They make a nice addition to my winter collection.  If you want to see more of my wintery minis, check out my ongoing Frostrun Project Here

How's the weather where you live?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Back again with another recent wintery addition to Frostrun.

Here we have the caribou from EC3D's Wilds of Wintertide Kickstarter which has been beautifully printed from EscharloneGaming on Etsy.

These caribou, or reindeer, are fantastic little models with just enough detail to make painting them a blast, but not so much texture as to make them a pain.  These are the first 3D printed minis I have ever purchased or painted, except for a few Heroforge minis.  I didn't know what to expect from the quality of design or delivery, but was very pleased with the results!

I painted up two variations, one with a lighter coat and a white nose, and another with a darker coat and a black nose.  I was absolutely thrilled with the result and they have made a wonderful addition to my campaign of Frostrun.

More Photos below the spoiler:

I have a handful of other minis from this line also printed by EscharloneGaming and I am looking forward to painting them up as well, when the inspiration finally seizes me.

What are your favorite 3D models?

Check out this WIP for the rest of my Frostrun project.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)