Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Ladless and Gentlemints, I've been kicking this idea around for a while now. And with the current isolation I think it's a great time. I propose a craft paint challenge. I have tons of great miniature paints from various brands, but for the sake of fun lets see what we can do with craft paints. This is my proposal. Grab a random miniature, Bones or otherwise, and ideally whatever craft paints you have on hand (no going to the store for craft paints, this is to promote social distancing) and see what you can do. This will serve two purposes. It will be a fun way to throw some paint on a miniature, and hopefully we can also show a lot of people that while specialized paints are amazing, you can also get decent results on a budget. If you aren't into miniature painting, and still want to throw some craft paints on canvas or paper or whatever then that would be great as well.
I encourage everyone who feels it to jump in on this. Also what do you think about #craftpaintchallenge for tagging. Please post results on here and other social media. Lets see how much love we can get, and how far this will go.
Official/unofficial start date of 4/11. And lets go. Cheers.
I don't do WIP's very often and I'm well into a couple of these guys. But I added a couple more as I started to base the first few so I figured I might as well. Maybe it will help me keep my focus.
We have the 3 bones ogres from a kickstarter or two ago, the bones black preview ogre, metal Kagunk 2, and the bones 4 ettin. I may decide to add metal ogre chieftain (aka kagunk 1) as well as he is half finied on the shelf anyway, and metal Norr'Okk, if I can ever figure out what to do about his head.
Also considering ordering the newer ogre chieftain, but we will see.
Hi all, my first post was answered by such warm and supportive folks I decided to have a crack at the ol' orc from Reaper mini training set #1. The left eye took me 6 tries (and twice that many curses.) Really enjoying this new hobby, first time I tried was back in 1983 and it was a disaster. Maybe patience does come with age. :)
Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one. I’ve shoes away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.
In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon... oops!
I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown). I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.
For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.
Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base. I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.
in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes.
Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend. That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!!
Thanks for looking.
Who's Online 32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)
- Xiwo Xerase
- Bob Hazlewood