Sign in to follow this  
dunker79

DSM7442 Wood elf goddess

They are leaves now damnit! - Once the sculptor lets go and the painter gets ahold of the mini, they get to define it.  Lots of times looking up close at a mini i find myslef making relatively arbitrary decisions about things like where armor ends and fabric begins, what is leather and what is metal, etc.  Heck the old LTP 1 had you painting the tops of the boots as pants!

The leaves are masterfully shaded and help connect her to the base in a way that the feathers would not - I applaud this as an excellent artistic decision!

skinshading is fantastic, i especially like her backside.... ok, you can all stop giggling now ;)

PS i dated a woman with hair like that in the eighties...

• Like 8

The funny part is that those 'leaves' were not painted green at first (as I did at first think they may be feathers). I just wet blended marine teal and lemon yellow.  The in between colors turned out to be  a rich green. I went,"hey! They are leaves! thank goodness I did not paint them as feathers".   It was when all the painting was done and I went and check the official art on the DS website by Jen Haley did I go "woops".

• Like 4

Great job, she's lovely. When I first looked, I thought green parrot feathers. They can be whatever the viewer wants them to be.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Since I’m wrapping up Deladrin, here is the next in the queue.  Devona, Female Wizard.  She’s a curious wizard with plate mail leggings, a chain mail skirt, and a staff that looks more like a spear.  Also, is her torso adorned with a breastplate?  Or is it part of her dress?  And what’s up with the scalloped things on her back?

Not sure what I’m going to do with her.  I hope you enjoy the process of discovery tagging along with me.  The one thing I have decided is to try to give her more of an East Indian skin tone.

• By Darcstaar
      Last new show off from me for a while.

I finished him a while back.  
      His WIP is here.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87019-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-4-kieran-tallowmire-wizard/&tab=comments#comment-1844494

I initially wanted to paint orange.  That got me thinking of a sunset color scale.  It came out OK, but the process was harder than I thought it would be.  Also, I’m trying to go through old Bones faster, but this was taking too long!

A shot of his Fireball scroll.
      I went with burnt out candles to avoid needing to worry about OSL.

I tried to pattern the feather as an owl feather.

Hope you like it!
      C&C welcome.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By NyarlaBcn
      Sartzanek, the mad archmage! Twisted like an iron pole struck by lightning. On another world, on another time, he says he was Blackcloack, the lord of an infinite dungeon. On sundays he is Zifnab and White Jenkins, the small aberration on his shoulder, secretly a dragon. For a while he liked to play games with adventurers and claimed his name was Penthos. 
      Who knows, really. He may just be an old lunatic. Or maybe a sorcerer like no other... you decide. At your own risk. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)