• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lostraven
      Here is one of the "and Friends" from the Bones 4 Core, Sophie and Friends subset. She is now known as Bryn, Half Elf Rogue, sculpted by Gene Van Horne and is now available as SKU: 77753. I drew inspiration from Yennifer's Witcher 3 costume. The stairs is just made of cut layers of cork.

• By Lostraven
      This is Inn Keeper Sophie from the Bones 4 Core, Sophie and Friends subset and was sculpted by Gene Van Horne. It was #160 in the set but is now available as SKU: 77750.

• By Auberon
      My partner for the Secret Sophie exchange this year was NecroMancer and they requested demons or some other stuff, so I painted the Queen of Hell.  About the same time I had ordered a 3D printer and I had found a base that kind of matched an idea I had in my head.  The printer was going to ship on time, then it wasn't, then it was, and finally came in just in time to print my display base. It is from the celestial pack by Archvillain Games. It's 100mm plus some overhang. For a bit of additional flair I added some blood imps to the base. 

One thing about pre-made display bases though is they can be next to impossible to actually use if they are not designed well.  This base is an example of that as there is so much rubble that I had to carve away spaces for feet or build up the area with a bit of milliput to give them something to stand on. Since ancient statues were actually painted I decided to go with that and put a simple face on the bit of statue that remained.

The Queen was actually painted before my printer arrived and because things hadn't gone crazy at work yet, I actually had time to paint her properly.  I went for a stylized NMM on her armor.  It was the first time I had tried NMM this way.  It worked but I need some more practice to really sell it.  I didn't want her to look like some cheap plastic figure (even though she kinda is ) so instead of going red like the blood imps I made her skin mostly human and then put the orange/red/purples in the midtones and shadows.

Her wings don't fit in my tiny photo setup so...

And with wings. They were not attached for shipping and needed a bit of support, so ignore the paint bottle.  Bones are evil.  Mold lines suddenly appear everywhere.  And for better or for worse, a year from now her wings will sink toward the earth, but they should rotate and touch the base.

A few extra pics I took, if anyone wants to look

• By thefub
      This was a repaint from earlier this year. I bought Quickshade Strong Tone for speed painting some of my board games and tried it in Woody. I liked the way it worked for the most part but as you can tell I got some frosting when I matte coated it. Another thing that happened was my paint cracked on my base but I kinda like the way it looks. I probably won't bother fixing any of the issues as I moved on to another figure I am struggling with.

• By JGroeling
      Fun and quick one for RCL new release. Have been aiming for a more dull/gritty looks wtih a lot of my recent figures. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)