Slavic Fantasy Miniatures Relaunched! I

Deraj

Hello all,

We've relaunched our kickstarter campaign for our new range of figures inspired from Slavic mythology and folklore (such as Baba Yaga, Vlad the Impaler, etc.)

It funded within the first 12 hours and we've already broken through the first stretch goal!

Check out the campaign here! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1098010653/slavic-fantasy-miniatures

I've posted some photos of the miniatures available on the kickstarter below. There are a lot more on the kickstarter. These would work great as characters and npcs, as well as for skirmish games (such as the game that they're featured in, Portals: Worlds Collide).

Usurpers:

12289587_1274437212582557_51662557584159

12316180_1274437949249150_41191318938484

Grenadiers:

12187829_1257763794249899_49444470661439

12196057_1257763694249909_34294951841241

Militia:

12194713_1260304003995878_29790071749301

12194863_1260304000662545_28968897358297

12189174_1260303993995879_78097080392143

Baba Yaga and here Giant Rooster House:

12347791_1274598745899737_45096362287722

12345552_1274598889233056_64899695379136

The majority of these are sculpted by Patrick Keith, who has done a lot of work with Reaper in the past as well as for PP and his own line, Bombshell Miniatures and Counterblast.

Join in on the kickstarter today, grab some awesome minis and help us be able to make even more miniatures! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1098010653/slavic-fantasy-miniatures

Let me know what you think, comments and questions are welcomed.

Sincerely,

Anderson of Deraj Studios

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 7

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This one has been shared already, so I imagine this thread will get merged soon.

Meantime, I like some of these. I am Czech and I am always looking for minis with a Slavic bent. I also use Kickstarter basically as a means of helping artists and others get started, rather than as a store as some others do. But $40 for three minis (even with a PDF) is just too steep. I can get a whole unit of Kossite Woodsmen from PP for just a few bucks more, and they're just as Slavic-looking.

• Like 1

This one has been shared already, so I imagine this thread will get merged soon.

Meantime, I like some of these. I am Czech and I am always looking for minis with a Slavic bent. I also use Kickstarter basically as a means of helping artists and others get started, rather than as a store as some others do. But $40 for three minis (even with a PDF) is just too steep. I can get a whole unit of Kossite Woodsmen from PP for just a few bucks more, and they're just as Slavic-looking.

Actually you get 4 miniatures for the $40 pledge (in high quality resin), x3 Militia Members, x1 Militia Veteran. You can also get the four miniatures for $34 if you get them at the pewter instead of the resin version of the Huntress pledge. 

- Anderson of Deraj Studios

• Like 1

As much as I want Baba Yaga and her Dancing Hut, there's no way I can put down $135 for two minis.

If you put in 35 or 65 more, you would be able to get 1 of everything in the "Leader of the Resistance" Pledge levels. :P

Select this reward

Pledge $170 or more
4 backers Limited (4 left of 8)

Leader of The Resistance (Pewter Version)

In addition to everything included in the Huntress pledge you will receive one of each of the available add-ons (x2 Usurpers, x2 Grenadiers, Dragoslava, Baba Yaga, Baba Yaga's House) including one of each of the add-ons unlocked via stretch goals. All of the miniatures are cast in high-quality pewter (apart from Baba Yaga's house, which will be cast in high-quality resin).

[Free Shipping in the US AND EU]

Estimated delivery: Aug 2016
Ships to: Anywhere in the world
Edited by pcktlnt

As much as I want Baba Yaga and her Dancing Hut, there's no way I can put down $135 for two minis.

If you're prepared to wait for the rest of eternity, then Mick Leech and EFS studios have been working on Baba Yaga and her hut.

Man, and their Baba Yaga was based off my favorite art of her by Ivan Bilibin.

These pieces look nice but are rather pricey.  For the cost of Baba Yaga herself, I was hoping to see the sculpt first.

The thing with this KS is that although the minis are really nice and rather unique, I don't see a lot of use for them. They don' t fit into anything I have. :wacko:

Next to that, I 'm not a big fan of "action poses". I wish there was, for instance, a mini resembling Deraj's avatar, sitting on a tree trunk.

That would truely be wonderful!

photo-14678.jpg?_r=1449351975

Just my personal opinion, of course!!

:poke:

Edited by Findariel
  • Like 2