This figure was sculpted for Grenadier in 1991 by Julie Guthrie. If I remember correctly, he's a thief, but I think he'd also work well as a pirate, although he's based in a rather non-nautical fashion.

I tried something different when I did his skin, how do you think it looks?

He's done to table top level; C&C is welcome.

post-12095-0-58306300-1449411042_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-29175500-1449411060_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Nothing wrong with a good tabletop job.

The Pirate has walked further inlands..now to hold off the natives.

• Like 2

Battered a few brushes on Grenadiers for sure.  Your rogue looks good, but you might want to hit it with some dullcote/matte sealer to knock the shine off.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone.

@BLZeebub---I intend to do exactly that a little later on this week when I can either get my hands on some more brush on sealer, or the weather gets nice enough to use a rattlecan outside.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again Reaper Message Boardonians!

So here's another piece of old school goodness, a Ral Partha Charging Barbarian, sculpted by Julie Guthrie way back in the delightful eighties.  This one was originally in one of the Partha Boxed sets, 98-015 Bezerkers, and now is sold individually at Iron Wind Metals.

Pretty quick to paint as he was unencumbered by too much armor, clothing or general stuff.  My biggest challenge with this fellow was to figure out his hair color.  Blonde eventually won the day.  

Anyhoos, please enjoy!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After seeing @Kangaroorex Grenadier 9601, Black Dragon, I decided it was time for me to salvage mine from the shelf of shame. Thanks for the motivation Kangaroorex. This model was sculpted by William Watt in 1988. Unfortunately, the one I bought some years ago had a few battle scars. It has a broken horn and a broken wing claw. Its main tail stinger and tongue were also broken. As a reference, the base is 75mm wide.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a model that had been waiting 34 years before being painted, Ral Partha 02-333 Acrobatic Thief sculpted by Julie Guthrie.
      "Thanks to @Thoramel, for providing me with the model info.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a special NPC I painted last night. Originally an Aquatic Elf, I converted her to make her a Drow abjurator accompanied by her black fox.
      I slightly converted 03631, Quoralei from the original model sculpted by Derek Schubert for the Dark Heaven Legends line. I replaced the sea shell she was holding by a spellbook and added a wand in her left hand.
      The 60048, Fox familiar was sculpted by Julie Guthrie, it's originally the familiar of Feiya the Iconic Witch from the Pathfinder line.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)