Recommendations for good Paint racks/storage

I use the Massive Voodoo Ultimate Paint Rack, but that's

• An Indigogo campaign that still hasn't completed fulfillment as far as I'm aware to all backers (although I have had all my goods shipped and recieved)
  • It's not available commercially as yet as far as I can tell
  • Expensive for what it is

Against that, it's a good travelling paint rack as well as a damn fine desktop rack, the build quality for the most part is decent, and the design is solid.  But finding one available will be... tricky.

(edit to add a couple of photos)

post-9284-0-31998600-1431252686_thumb.jpg

post-9284-0-95237000-1431252695_thumb.jpg
Edited by Laoke
  • Like 3
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go: Reaper's own Paint Caddy, only $19.99 and holds up to 112 paints. Also... if you buy during the 12-days of Reaper and add another $15.01 (for a total of $35) to your order you can get a free figure thrown in.

That looks perfect for what I need, something to borrow many paint bottles from my Fathers giant toolbox full of paint.

He has a flammable cabinet with stuff for his model cars as well, I don't even know if he has more stored in there.

The "Back to Base-ix" racks look great but I think I would need another half width table behind my table or they would take up too much space.

• Like 1

The "Back to Base-ix" racks look great but I think I would need another half width table behind my table or they would take up too much space.

This is why I went with the nail polish wall rack. Planning on buying a few more (I have a looooot of paint...)
  • Like 1

This is why I went with the nail polish wall rack. Planning on buying a few more (I have a looooot of paint...)

I would probably make something similar myself (6 foot long wooden spice paint rack) since I have the woodworking tools already if I find I need something like that.

I am slowly ammassing a little fleet of cheap rolling plastic drawer organizers (3 drawer file cabinet size) and a small rolling table to organize tools for different types of projects.

I might just get one of those with shorter height drawers and put angled paint orgainzers in them so the labels point up when I open the drawer.

Edited by arclance
  • Like 1

That sucks  I definitely don't like a lack of space.  Since I've obtained about three dozen moar bottles of paint over the past two seasons,  I'll have to add another rack to my left hand shelf, affix the two together and then mount the entire rig to my desk with a couple of angle brackets.  I'll see if I can necro the thread with additional pics once I've finished the project.

• Like 2

So painting a bust for my lady had an unintended benefit. She said we really need to snag some kind of display case now, so she can see it. Win!

Unfortunately, my house is small. Because this is the lead contender:

HEMNES

Glass-door cabinet with 3 drawers, black-brown

hemnes-glass-door-cabinet-with-drawers-b

I'd have to rig up some lighting, but it has adjustable shelves (wonder if they sell extra shelves?) and the drawers for extra storage because I don't want to get down on my knees to see minis on the lower shelves. And the wood is close to my furniture stain.

• Like 3

So painting a bust for my lady had an unintended benefit. She said we really need to snag some kind of display case now, so she can see it. Win!

Unfortunately, my house is small. Because this is the lead contender:

HEMNES

Glass-door cabinet with 3 drawers, black-brown

hemnes-glass-door-cabinet-with-drawers-b

I'd have to rig up some lighting, but it has adjustable shelves (wonder if they sell extra shelves?) and the drawers for extra storage because I don't want to get down on my knees to see minis on the lower shelves. And the wood is close to my furniture stain.

Biggest minis go on lowest shelf — that should avoid knee trouble and sort that problem.

At Home Depot they do sell replacement shelf holding tabs — those little fiddly metal bitz. Make sure it uses one of the types they sell. Then get a glass company to make a pair of see-thru spare shelves.

• Like 1