Jump to content

Recommendations for good Paint racks/storage


Recommended Posts

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:23 AM, Harrek said:

I wonder if all the paint stored tip down is a good idea?  Wouldn't it lead to it clogging and settling in the tip as opposed to the bottom?

 

I think if they are on their side (more or less) it should be okay, but GodOfCheese had his bottle of brush on sealer 100% upside down and the mattifying agent settled in the tip of the bottle.  When he used it to seal something the details got completely obscured.  Figured I should pass that warning along.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use 2 wall mounted metal nail polish racks from Amazon, and one Broken Table Hobbies paint stand, mostly for flesh colors and whites. I took this pic a year ago and currently have way more paint than I can store now. I love the metal wall racks (each row holds 23 dropper bottles), but the same wall space would hold more paint with the Impudent Mortal wall paint holders. Still, it's really easy to find specific paints with this kind of wall rack. Can also hold a wide range of paint pot sizes. Just wish I had enough room to add a third rack.

 

1xgH1SN.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I use 2 wall mounted metal nail polish racks from Amazon, and one Broken Table Hobbies paint stand, mostly for flesh colors and whites. I took this pic a year ago and currently have way more paint than I can store now. I love the metal wall racks (each row holds 23 dropper bottles), but the same wall space would hold more paint with the Impudent Mortal wall paint holders. Still, it's really easy to find specific paints with this kind of wall rack. Can also hold a wide range of paint pot sizes. Just wish I had enough room to add a third rack.

 

1xgH1SN.jpg

I have three clear nail polish racks and need a fourth to hole what I own. Honestly, I am contemplating swapping to the Impudent Mortal (or self made of similar style) where the bottles lay flat with bottom facing out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Talae said:

I have three clear nail polish racks and need a fourth to hold what I own. Honestly, I am contemplating swapping to the Impudent Mortal (or self made of similar style) where the bottles lay flat with bottom facing out.

 

I hear you. Those Impudent Mortal paint racks tempt me every time I get more paint. They hold almost exactly the same amount of paint as my wall racks, but take up a little less than half the space. If I replaced just one of my metal racks with 2 of the reverse dropper racks, I could store 130+ more dropper paints, and still have one metal rack for additives, sealers, metallics, washes and pot bottle paints. It needs to happen... soon™

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

 

I hear you. Those Impudent Mortal paint racks tempt me every time I get more paint. They hold almost exactly the same amount of paint as my wall racks, but take up a little less than half the space. If I replaced just one of my metal racks with 2 of the reverse dropper racks, I could store 130+ more dropper paints, and still have one metal rack for additives, sealers, metallics, washes and pot bottle paints. It needs to happen... soon™

The other thing is that I would likely put the reverse dropper racks on my paint desk, instead of the nail polish racks being on the other side of the room.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...