Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Welcome to the 9th round of the Box of Goodwill! You may have heard about the fabled 'Box of Goodwill'. Maybe you were involved last time, maybe you're new and would like to see what it's all about.
Well, you're in the right place!! Read on:
This is the official, soon to be patented sign up thread for round 9.
As before, please provide the following info in your replies to this thread:
Where you live
If you'd be willing to ship internationally (more expensive)
If you want to be a box starter (depending on the amount of interest)
There has been a minor rules clarification made. There is also a slight change. Even if you were involved in any of the previous versions, please make sure you read them carefully.
Basically, put some stuff you don't want/will never get to/think other people will find cool into a box and send it to someone else. That recipient will take out whatever interests them, replace a like amount of stuff and ship it to the next person in line. And so on. The last person will send it back to the coordinator ( the person who originally sent out one of the boxes ).
1a) this means any material, any genre, any manufacturer, any subject matter. If you put lead in, please label it somehow (separate baggy or whatever)
2)Anything mini related
2a) bases, basing material (please package this very securely, and label it), terrain, scenic bits, whatever.
3) Free stuff--leftover bits, drawings, etc. Please label these items as 'free' or 'giveaway'. If you want some of this stuff, take it, you don't have to match it.
3a)Please limit the amount of non-miniatures related items to whatever will fit into a standard sized Ziploc sandwich bag if it is bulky. Drawings/sketches take up next to no
space at all and don't need to be stuffed into said baggy.
3a-1)Use common sense. Also, if you have some hand-crafted, custom-built shark skin and mithril dice bags or whatever that you're certain everyone will love, PM
your coordinator and the folks in your circuit and see what everyone thinks of the idea. Majority rules.
4) Keep it reasonable; try not to put in anything larger than 54mm. That's gonna eat up a lot of space, and create a lot of 'what's it worth' questions.
What's NOT allowed:
3)Exceptionally bulky, non miniature related items. Donate that 7th extra copy of the Player's Handbook to someone that you game with.
How it works:
A coordinator will put together a box of stuff and send it out to 8-10 people in his/her circuit. When you receive the box, take out whatever you like and replace it with a like amount of stuff.The value of what you replace should be equal to or slightly exceed whatever you take. We're gonna use the honor system here, so it's going to be somewhat subjective. Trades should be on a one-for-one basis, unless you're taking something big, in which case it's one-for-two or more.
For example: If you see 4 orcs that you want, take them and replace them with 4 other roughly man-sized figures. If there's a
larger figure (54mm ) that you want, take it, and replace it with either 1 similarly sized figure, or 2-3 man sized figures. Once you're
finished, pack it up and send it to the next person in line.
Here are some other specifics:
1)The coordinator will put together a box and start it on it's way. Each coordinator will pm me with the tracking info of the box as it sets out to the first recipient. After this, each recipient will pm the tracking number to their coordinator (the person who started the box) AND the person that they're shipping it to.
2)Participants will publicly announce when they have received the package (pictures would be cool, but aren't mandatory), and again when they send it off to the next person.
For example: I received the box o' goodwill from Chaoswolf. When ready to ship, 'I'm sending the box to Pingo'.
2a)Participants will also be responsible for contacting the next person and getting their shipping information. The people involved in any given circuit will be public knowledge, so feel free to exchange shipping info how/whenever you wish.
3)Each participant will have 1 week from the arrival of the box to make their swaps and then send the box on to the next person. This is really important, we had several boxes sitting for several weeks or more with no movement in the last go around. If something comes up, please say something. Everyone here is fairly understanding about real life getting in the way.
4) For participants in the USA, shipping will be via flat rate boxes. Tracking and insurance are included in the cost. In the event of loss, the person mailing the box will make the insurance claim and use the proceeds to purchase items to fill and ship a replacement box.
5) I'm anticipating roughly 3-4 months for each box to make a complete circuit (8-10 people x 1week per person + travel time). Once all boxes have completed the circuit (returned to the coordinator), we'll open up a new sign up thread and start the process over again if there's interest. Coordinators will need to pm me so I know that all circuits are complete.
6) This will be open to everyone. We have had several people express willingness to run/participate in a circuit for the newer members; I feel that this somewhat offsets any concerns about anyone's 'reliability'. Perhaps I'm a little naive, but the feeling I'm getting from both public posts and pm's is that everyone really seems to want this to work. Newer members are defined as anyone who hasn't been active on the boards for a year,or without at least one completed exchange.
7) NO double-dipping. If you and your SO both paint minis, please just sign up once for the household.
8) Sign ups will end Midnight May 6th (east coast time). There will be a little wiggle room allowed here to allow for different time zones and whatnot. Once I get up the following morning, it's closed. I'll figure out how many people are involved, how many groups there are, who's going to coordinate and post that information in the first post of the chatter thread.
9) Individual coordinators are able to exercise a bit of leeway within their circuit. They will be setting up the initial package, so they can just stuff a box, or do a quick survey of everyone in their circuit to determine preferences. If they want to suggest everyone slap a color on Sir Forscale (or his designated representative), that's up to them. I'm thinking that the coordinators can run things pretty smoothly. If there's a question or concern, hit them up. Coordinators: if you're not sure how to proceed, hit me up and we'll work it out.
10) if something comes up and you need to drop out for whatever reason (life happens), please contact your coordinator as soon as possible so that he/she can make the necessary adjustments.
11)The group paint figure is not mandatory, just a little something extra for those who are so inclined.
12) Have fun!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've covered everything. If I missed something, or it's unclear, please bring it up in the chatter thread, or PM me.
Don't add it here.
Suggestions for a different 'group paint' figure and/or title can go in the chatter thread, too.
ETA---I don't want to make any assumptions here. Even if you were in the other rounds, please indicate if you'd like to do round 9. Thanks
ETA2---With the current world situation (coronavirus) I'm going to be a little more lenient on the 1 week turnaround requirement. If you get the box and want to quarantine it for a few days before opening it, that's fine. Just try and keep it moving as quickly as possible.
I was going to add a whole bunch of safety guidelines and such, but at this point I don't think it's necessary. I'm sure everyone has heard what to do/not do by now. If you think it still warrants discussion, I'll be happy to discuss it in the chatter thread, and edit this post if necessary.
I am slowly working through the Bones 4 core set. Today we come to #13, the Warrior of Chaos. I don't know what Reaper is calling this mini, if they even have a name for it yet. I imagine it would be something like "Bloodcurdle Angerpants, Anti-Paladin" or "Gruff McDuff, Evil Fighter". (Feel free to use these names, Reaper )
But it clearly is a Warrior of Chaos.
This model has the look, what with horned helmet, bulky full plate, skulls, straps, furry shoulders, heavy cloth cloak and the tower shield.
...and I was going to put a picture of a chaos warrior from the GW webstore here for comparion, but they obviously did not want me to, so that did not happen. No matter.
Did I say Warrior of Chaos? This is clearly a Champion of Chaos, what with such a massive rock to put their foot upon! Feet, even!
I had to base it on a 40mm base. Champion sized at that.
I have the higher ground! You cannot win! Also, I have a full set of Chaos Armour and all you have are tighty whiteys!
B4Core #13 Champion of Chaos
Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
Sculpted by ??
40mm round lipped base
should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
Ok, here are the rules:
1) Please don't sign up if you were there, or if you had someone get you stuff from the con. This is supposed to be for people who weren't there. No, I'm not going to check, but the gods will know, and they will visit a terrible vengeance upon you.
2) Unlike the regular version of the BoGW that you may be familiar with, you don't need to match anything you take. All of this stuff was donated by people to allow other people to get some cool stuff. So, take whatever you want (but see below).
3) No sharing your picks. If it works out that everyone involved gets to pick 3 figures but you only want 2, you can't pass that extra figure choice down the line to someone else. Everyone gets to have the same amount of stuff, unless someone chooses to take less. If there's stuff left over, send it back to me and it'll get folded into the next regular Box of Goodwill. (Exact number of choices will be based on the amount of people signing up)
Most of the stuff this time around is metal and resin miniatures. There are no Bones (I did receive a few of the monthly Bones giveaway figure, but they're all the same figure, and I was probably only going to throw in a few to round out numbers if it becomes necessary, otherwise, I was going to put them in the regular BoGW). There are a few non-miniature items, such as bags, dice, etc. There are not enough of these items to go around, so if you want a bag, for example, that counts as one of your picks.
Any other questions, please let me know.
Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 8 of the Box of Goodwill.
Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
Generic Fighter---sent 5/4
AHY79---arrived 5/6, sent 5/16
Pineapple---arrived 5/18, sent 5/22
3vil3lvis---arrived 5/25, sent 5/29
Hungerfan--arrived 6/18, sent 6/24
Synistar---arrived 6/26, sent 6/29
Generic Fighter---arrived 7/1
Crowley---arrived 4/22, sent 4/27
Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 4/29, sent5/11
TripleH---arrived 5/13, sent 5/20
KangarooRex---arrived 5/22, sent 6/8
Cassu dropped out
Lidless Eye---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
Sylverthorne---arrived 6/19, sent 6/28
Broonkah---arrived 4/22, sent 4/30
Gaming Dog---arrived 5/2, sent 5/10
Argentee--arrived 5/14, sent 5/17
Izzy Lobo---arrived 5/20, sent 6/1
Kristof65---arrived 6/3, sent 6/4
MattParody---arrived 6/10, sent 6/19
Fire Eyes---arrived 6/22
Mutilated Lips---arrived 5/4, sent 5/11
Warlady---arrived..., sent 5/23
Sanael---arrived 5/25, sent 5/31
Hiddenone32---arrived 6/3, sent 6/6
Keianna---arrived 6/8, sent 6/18
Rob Dean---sent 4/29
Autumn Hare---arrived 5/2, sent 5/6
Ratmaster2000---arrived 5/8, sent 5/10
SGHawkins09---arrived 5/11, sent 5/17
Horned Turtle---arrived 5/21, sent 5/28
Marc---arrived 5/30, sent 6/12
TGP---arrived 6/13, delivered 7/19
Cygnwulf---received 7/19, sent 7/22
Rob Dean---arrived 7/24
Chris Palmer---arrived 5/7, sent 5/13
Holk Diggity---arrived 5/15, sent 5/20
Samurai Jack---arrived 5/23, sent 5/30
McKenna35---arrived 6/1, sent 6/5
Wyvernfire---arrive 6/9, sent 6/19
Buckyball---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
Jodie---arrived 7/2, sent 7/9
Klarg1---arrived 4/25, sent 4/30
Pingo---arrived 5/4, sent 5/6
Talespinner---arrived..., sent 5/17
Morihalda---arrived 5/18, sent...
Disserma---arrived 6/14, sent...
Chaos Wolf---sent 4/27
Mad Jack---arrived 4/29, sent 5/20
Haldir---arrived 5/23, sent 6/6
Corsair---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
Glitterwolf---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
Mini Dungeon Master---arrived 7/6, sent 7/21
Chaos Wolf---arrived 8/17
Would there be interest in/support for doing this again this year?
This is the basic idea behind it for those not familiar:
The past couple Reapercons that I've been at, I have noticed a fair amount of swag bag/con exclusive figures that people didn't want getting tossed onto the melt table and/or left laying around.
I had the idea of collecting all the unwanted stuff, putting it in a box and shipping it around to folks who couldn't get to the 'con so that they could sort of 'be there, too'.
Unlike the regular BoGW, people donating wouldn't get anything out of the box, they would just be 'throwing away' the stuff they don't want in a slightly different direction. Maybe there would be a ribbon involved, maybe it might just be the thanks of people who will benefit done the line.
Who's Online 11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)