Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Chronopia Elven Axeman

This is a figure from Target games' Chronopia line; if I remember correctly, he's an axeman leader.

His chain mail coif covers his ears, and with all the spikes and that brutal looking axe, I figured he would make a worthy addition to my Warriors of Chaos horde.

Please let me know what you think.

post-12095-0-94616400-1450018506_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-07244100-1450018523_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

If memory serves me right, which it occasionally does, the Chronopia Elves, & all the rest of their minis, were big strapping fellows. Your OH-SO-COOL Elf rather confirms that. He could pass for any Big Guy. The dark armor suits him. GREAT WORK!

• Like 1

Cool!

And who said Elves can't fall for the lure of Chaos?

Praise Papa Nurgle!, Blood for the Blood God!, All is Change! One man's pleasure is another man's pain..!

Oh well... I've been reading too much Chaos Army books in my days.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words.

If memory serves me right, which it occasionally does, the Chronopia Elves, & all the rest of their minis, were big strapping fellows. Your OH-SO-COOL Elf rather confirms that. He could pass for any Big Guy. The dark armor suits him. GREAT WORK!

Yes, they are some pretty chunky figures. I've got a few more in the lead and plastic mountain waiting for their turn.

Cool!

And who said Elves can't fall for the lure of Chaos?

Praise Papa Nurgle!, Blood for the Blood God!, All is Change! One man's pleasure is another man's pain..!

Oh well... I've been reading too much Chaos Army books in my days.

Every once in a while I like to break out my Liber Chaotica for a little light reading.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I am slowly working through the Bones 4 core set. Today we come to #13, the Warrior of Chaos. I don't know what Reaper is calling this mini, if they even have a name for it yet. I imagine it would be something like "Bloodcurdle Angerpants, Anti-Paladin" or "Gruff McDuff, Evil Fighter". (Feel free to use these names, Reaper )
      But it clearly is a Warrior of Chaos.

This model has the look, what with horned helmet, bulky full plate, skulls, straps, furry shoulders, heavy cloth cloak and the tower shield.
      ...and I was going to put a picture of a chaos warrior from the GW webstore here for comparion, but they obviously did not want me to, so that did not happen. No matter.
      Did I say Warrior of Chaos? This is clearly a Champion of Chaos, what with such a massive rock to put their foot upon! Feet, even!
      I had to base it on a 40mm base. Champion sized at that.

I have the higher ground! You cannot win! Also, I have a full set of Chaos Armour and all you have are tighty whiteys!

B4Core #13 Champion of Chaos
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      Sculpted by ??
      Bonesium PVC.
      40mm round lipped base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future

• By Chaoswolf
      Ok, here are the rules:
      1) Please don't sign up if you were there, or if you had someone get you stuff from the con. This is supposed to be for people who weren't there. No, I'm not going to check, but the gods will know, and they will visit a terrible vengeance upon you.

2) Unlike the regular version of the BoGW that you may be familiar with, you don't need to match anything you take. All of this stuff was donated by people to allow other people to get some cool stuff. So, take whatever you want (but see below).

3) No sharing your picks. If it works out that everyone involved gets to pick 3 figures but you only want 2, you can't pass that extra figure choice down the line to someone else. Everyone gets to have the same amount of stuff, unless someone chooses to take less. If there's stuff left over, send it back to me and it'll get folded into the next regular Box of Goodwill. (Exact number of choices will be based on the amount of people signing up)

Most of the stuff this time around is metal and resin miniatures. There are no Bones (I did receive a few of the monthly Bones giveaway figure, but they're all the same figure, and I was probably only going to throw in a few to round out numbers if it becomes necessary, otherwise, I was going to put them in the regular BoGW). There are a few non-miniature items, such as bags, dice, etc. There are not enough of these items to go around, so if you want a bag, for example, that counts as one of your picks.

Any other questions, please let me know.
    • By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 8 of the Box of Goodwill.

Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85639-box-of-goodwill-round-8-picturechatter-thread/

Generic Fighter---sent 5/4
      AHY79---arrived 5/6, sent 5/16
      Pineapple---arrived 5/18, sent 5/22
      3vil3lvis---arrived 5/25, sent 5/29
      ObiJohn27
      Hungerfan--arrived 6/18, sent 6/24
      Synistar---arrived 6/26, sent 6/29
      Generic Fighter---arrived 7/1

Clearman---sent 4/20
      Crowley---arrived 4/22, sent 4/27
      Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 4/29, sent5/11
      TripleH---arrived 5/13, sent 5/20
      KangarooRex---arrived 5/22, sent 6/8
      Cassu  dropped out
      Lidless Eye---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Sylverthorne---arrived 6/19, sent 6/28
      Clearman---arrived 7/1

Inarah---sent 4/19
      Broonkah---arrived 4/22, sent 4/30
      Gaming Dog---arrived 5/2, sent 5/10
      Argentee--arrived 5/14, sent 5/17
      Izzy Lobo---arrived 5/20, sent 6/1
      Kristof65---arrived 6/3, sent 6/4
      MattParody---arrived 6/10, sent 6/19
      Fire Eyes---arrived 6/22
      Inarah---arrived 7/5

PCKTLNT---sent 4/30
      Mutilated Lips---arrived 5/4, sent 5/11
      Warlady---arrived..., sent 5/23
      Sanael---arrived 5/25, sent 5/31
      Hiddenone32---arrived 6/3, sent 6/6
      Keianna---arrived 6/8, sent 6/18
      Dr.Bob
      PCKTLNT---arrived 6/28

Rob Dean---sent 4/29
      Autumn Hare---arrived 5/2, sent 5/6
      Ratmaster2000---arrived 5/8, sent 5/10
      SGHawkins09---arrived 5/11, sent 5/17
      Horned Turtle---arrived 5/21, sent 5/28
      Marc---arrived 5/30, sent 6/12
      TGP---arrived 6/13, delivered 7/19
      Cygnwulf---received 7/19, sent 7/22
      Rob Dean---arrived 7/24

Guindyloo---sent 5/4
      Chris Palmer---arrived 5/7, sent 5/13
      Holk Diggity---arrived 5/15, sent 5/20
      Samurai Jack---arrived 5/23, sent 5/30
      McKenna35---arrived 6/1, sent 6/5
      Wyvernfire---arrive 6/9, sent 6/19
      Buckyball---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
      Jodie---arrived 7/2, sent 7/9
      Guindyloo---arrived 7/19

Rat13---sent 4/23
      Klarg1---arrived 4/25, sent 4/30
      Pingo---arrived 5/4, sent 5/6
      Talespinner---arrived...,  sent 5/17
      Morihalda---arrived 5/18, sent...
      Disserma---arrived 6/14, sent...
      Marineal---
      Rat13---arrived 6/28

Chaos Wolf---sent 4/27
      Mad Jack---arrived 4/29, sent 5/20
      Haldir---arrived 5/23, sent 6/6
      Corsair---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Glitterwolf---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
      Mini Dungeon Master---arrived 7/6, sent 7/21
      Flit---arrived 7/26,
      Chaos Wolf---arrived 8/17

Have fun!!

• By Chaoswolf
      Would there be interest in/support for doing this again this year?

This is the basic idea behind it for those not familiar:

The past couple Reapercons that I've been at, I have noticed a fair amount of swag bag/con exclusive figures that people didn't want getting tossed onto the melt table and/or left laying around.
      I had the idea of collecting all the unwanted stuff, putting it in a box and shipping it around to folks who couldn't get to the 'con so that they could sort of 'be there, too'.

Unlike the regular BoGW, people donating wouldn't get anything out of the box, they would just be 'throwing away' the stuff they don't want in a slightly different direction. Maybe there would be a ribbon involved, maybe it might just be the thanks of people who will benefit done the line.
    • By Maledrakh
      Adamantite Golem from the defunct Fantasy skirmish game Chronopia, from the end of the 1990s.

Chronopia was produced by Target Games, who also made Warzone, and was in it's day the only company that might have given Games Workshop a run for the money. Not that the games sold anywhere near the levels of the GW games, but the style appealed greatly to fans of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k especially since the miniatures where made in the heroic scale that was comparable to GW minis of the day, Target was very aggressive at marketing towards independent game stores that needed something to offset the dominance of GW building up sales in an area then moving in and sucking up the sales by opening a Games Workshop next to the independent (whereupon shipments from GW to said independent stores suddenly would experience problems with shipping and fulfilment, you know all the stuff that had plausible deniability to mess with the independent and making the customers go to the official GW next door for their new models.)
      This happened a lot and many indepentent stores were left with the short end of the stick, all over the world. Target came at a time ripe to offer a competing games system and miniatures to these indepentent shops that desperately needed something to fill the void. So the games rapidly caught on and was building it's following when Target Games went down in flames in the year 2000.
      ...Just when it was getting good, it all went away. Argh!

At any rate, they left behind a legacy of lots of great miniatures (and a few bad ones to be honest). I have a few in my collection from back in the day, and I have traded for many more in recent years.
      Here is the Adamantite Golem, a fearsome warrior construct for the Elven faction.

The elves of Chronopia were spiky, and not exactly light side in this game, consorting with demons, riding dragons and taking slaves.

Big armoured magical robot thingy with a massive hammer to smite with.

I collected Devout (=chaos), Dwarves and Blackblood (orcs etc) player back in the day and never had more than a handful of Elven minis as I simply did not like most of them. This one however, is nice. For some reason I did not get it back then.

Adamantite Golem
      Chronopia, Elves faction, released sometime between 1997-1999
      Sculpted by Alex Hunter
      Metal, two piece casting (main body and backpack)
      40mm base

For some reaon it reminds me of The Mountain, version 2.0.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 270 Guests (See full list)