Jaws

Two very old Kobolds

Those predate Reaper. I've had them in my collection since the '80's. They're Ral Partha.

Give me a sec and I'll post a quick pic.

EDIT: yours are more nicely painted than mine, and I quite like the little diorama you did.

I just took a quick and poor flash photo of a couple of mine so you can see that yours are older than you thought.

IMG_0392_zpszb6qmuhf.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 5

Those predate Reaper. I've had them in my collection since the '80's. They're Ral Partha.

Give me a sec and I'll post a quick pic.

EDIT: yours are more nicely painted than mine, and I quite like the little diorama you did.

I just took a quick and poor flash photo of a couple of mine so you can see that yours are older than you thought.

IMG_0392_zpszb6qmuhf.jpg

Thanks for clarifying. :)

• Like 1

They're baby kobolds! So cute with their itty bitty spears!

Yes, all cute and cuddles, until one of the little buggers stabs you in the shin! :-)

• Like 3

Excellent paint job! What is the crystal formation? Actual crystals, or something commercial?

It's a real crystal.

Thanks! I guess I would need to go scrounging in some different sorts of places for that...

• Like 1

Excellent paint job! What is the crystal formation? Actual crystals, or something commercial?

It's a real crystal.

Thanks! I guess I would need to go scrounging in some different sorts of places for that...

I got it from a friend who got it on a sale in a closing flower/jewelry shop.. soo.. I don't really know. :P

• Like 1

Nice work!!

I fondly remember painting up those kobolds back in my heydays of gaming & painting. I painted one up with a Hawaiian shirt (bright blue with yellow & orange flowers). One of these I may have to post it on here.

• Like 3

As I remember, they're part of a set of four. I still have them.

Re: crystals...

Not particularly hard to find. Craft or art stores probably won't have them, but any new age shop, rock shop, maybe even gift shop will have tons of them. The imperfect and broken ones generally look better on bases and are almost always a lot cheaper.

Also, depending on where you live, keep an eye out on the ground anywhere there are a lot of rocks - bits of quartz are fairly common and sometimes end up in the stones or gravel they use to cover walkways and things.

On a more general note, you can scrounge up all sorts of good basing materials out in the wild if you keep your eyes open.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

As I remember, they're part of a set of four. I still have them.

Me too. A small armies worth.

Another poor pic below of the 4 examples if anyone is interested.

IMG_0396_zpshr1h7bop.jpg

• Like 5