Pytt

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lighting doesn't do these any favors, but they look good. Nice detail, nice control, nice contrast (you can see details even in those deep shadows). The halfling's face looks really good; you seem to have given him a real expression. And hey, basing!

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your comments! :) 

I started basing with the static grass mostly because I was not a huge fan of the halflings feet (it's actually supposed to represent my female halfling, and even though us ladies of course can have big, dirty, hairy feet as well as or male counterparts, I just did not like it very much for my ga'l), but I found it almost as much fun as the miniatures themselves and started just going crazy with little twigs and stones and stuff as well.  :upside:

I'm not very proud of the still very present mold lines in some places though. How do you manage to get rid of them in the tighter ares, like for examples in the folds and creases of the coat? I am a bit scared of cutting parts of either the miniature or myself off when using the knife...

• Like 2

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! ^_^ I love the hobbit's face and Mr. Green's cape!

If they are metal minis, I would check out "jewelry files." They have some pointy ones which are pretty good for getting in those spaces. I bought a super cheap set online that cost maybe $7. You're not supposed to use them on plastic minis, cause it can scratch or shred the plastic. I do still use them very carefully in the tight spots, and cut off the plastic shreds with an xacto blade.

(Also I love your profile picture)

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your comments! :) 

I'm not very proud of the still very present mold lines in some places though. How do you manage to get rid of them in the tighter ares, like for examples in the folds and creases of the coat? I am a bit scared of cutting parts of either the miniature or myself off when using the knife...

In Bones the mold lines can be cut carefully with a hobby knife. For areas that are too tight to reach, personally I would just leave them, and then avoid highlighting them when painting. If it's deep in a crease, you may find that a dark shade (or extra dark) avoids drawing attention. That won't work on a yellow or white, of course, so that might tend to affect your choice of colors for a figure.

• Like 5

HeJ!

Welcome to our Asylum away from Home!

Good job on your first Minis!

And the bases as well! Most beginners don't do anything with bases at all.

I love the Rogan sculpt....

I don't do much with bones yet, but people here have mentioned Dental Sanding Sticks, or something of that nature, that are supposed to work well on Bones figures...

Again, Welcome! Keep posting and asking questions, we are a friendly group, if a little strange....

George

ps Mom is from Sweden, a small village called Overtanger 40 km or so from Falun. I have been 'home', as we call it, quite a few times.... Alas my Swedish always fades very quickly after non use.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.