Ringtones / Notification Sounds. What's yours?

Back in college, we didn't have custom ring tones (or cell phones, for that matter), but I had my instant messaging system set to play the doorbell sound from Babylon 5 when somebody sent me something.

I would use that for my ringtone (the text/email sound will remain the key item chest noise from Ocarina of Time) but I have only met one person my age who would reconize it.

Mostly the people who saw Babylon 5 seem to be ~10-30 years older than me around here.

My phone is always on vibrate anyway so it does not really matter.

I would love a doorbell that plays the Babylon 5 doorbell sound really loud so I can hear it anywhere in the house.

Edited by arclance
  • Like 4
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notification: Iron Bull from dragon age Inquisition saying "Hey, Kadan"   Ringtones are custom by persons   The Mr's is set on the pillows "thank you my twilight" intro.   My mother's is set to

my default text tone is a 'message for you sir' soundclip from Monty Pythin and the Holy Grail my default ringtone is a sample of 'Hall of the Mountain King'

For younger son: Rocky & Bullwinkle theme   For older son: Soundbite: Ian Malcolm, JP: Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming.   For da

My generic ringtone is the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme.
My generic text tone is a jawa screaming "Utinni!"

Some people have ring and text tones specific to them. Examples follow:

'Vampire' by Antsy Pants as ring, with Lando Calrissian saying 'Well, what have we here" as text tone

The Murkoc aggro sound from Warcraft as ring, Chewbacca roar as text

Gnome female from Warcraft saying "I apologize for any inconvenience my murderous rampage may have caused." as both.

Imperial March from Star Wars for ring, Jabba laughing as text

'Hooked on a Feeling' as ring, R2-D2 as text

Tardis sound for both.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 5

I used to have my ring set to the chorus of the original It's Raining Men. I grew tired of it, and it's now the opening keyboard riff from a-Ha's Take On Me. Amusing anecdote: Take On Me came on in the grocery store one day and my 5 year old daughter asked if my phone was ringing.

I keep meaning to find a ST:TNG comm beeble for my text noise. One of these days, I'll actually get to it.

• Like 4

My ringtone is the White Zombie cover of "Children of the Grave" (original by Black Sabbath); however, I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time so it doesn't ring in meetings.  Also, I found a notification chime wav file online several years ago that sounded like a Fragile-era NIN sample sound, so I grabbed that and it's been my notification since.

• Like 3

my default text tone is a 'message for you sir' soundclip from Monty Pythin and the Holy Grail

my default ringtone is a sample of 'Hall of the Mountain King'

This is my ring tone, but since my phone is on vibrate, it only plays for the alarm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSRbD_69yk

Music only...

George

All excellent choices. ::D:

Once choice I have considered, but not adopted, for a ring tone is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY

Very nostalgic, but I fear that I would find it annoying after a while.

• Like 2

The Wife: Beavis yelling "BOOOIINNGGG!"

The Girl: The Doom Song

The Boy: Trololololo Song

But it's my text tone that identifies old Everquest players to me. If you played, do you remember the low, evil chuckle that Darkbone skellies made when they cast a spell? Yeah, it's that. Anyone that cringes in anticipation tells me that there's an EQ player in the room :)

• Like 4