Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Help finding some figures....

Hey folks!

I was looking through some old Forgotten Realms stuff the other evening, and came across my copy of FR1, Waterdeep and the North, and looking at the cover art by Keith Parkinson, I decided that I would like to attempt to re create that as a diorama.

So I spent some time with the figure finder, and tried sorting through the characters shown:

Beholder- Not sure yet which one I will use to  do Xanathar..

The fighter- no mini really jumped out at me when I sorted for male human scale mail. I tried assorted weapons, but again nothing clicked.

The CPA- again, sorting human male cloth / clothing and nothing worked...

The Dwarf - 03626: Gruff Grimecleaver seems to have good possibilities, the fact that the peg leg is on the opposite side is immaterial.

The Drow lady- I would have though a female drow in a bikini and boots would have been relatively easy to find, but again no luck searching under female elf / dark elf...

Intellect Devourers- Nothing comes up under that term, and not really sure what to convert from.... I thought that a puma/cougar mini could be modified...

I am willing to do modifications....

So if anyone has any suggestions for me, that would be great!

Thanks

George

• Like 2

For the intellect devourers, you can start with giant rats.

For the drow, check out the Dennis Mize Barbarians. Also, Darksword has several drow in their Masterworks lines...

For the fighter, 14329: Street Thug has sort of the same feel, although not the same armor. Scale armor shouldn't be too terribly hard to sculpt (although it'd be time-consuming) so you might consider looking for a figure with another type of armor that you could sand down and resculpt.

intellect devourer, or close enough. http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones%20brain/latest/77229

fighter, this guy's shape seemed right http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/human%20fighter/latest/60160 or these guys have the right gear   http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/minion%20human/latest/03165

dark elf: well if you really want a bikini, I recomend popping an elf head on http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/bones%20demon/latest/77119and then chopping her tail off.

cpa: I've got nothing.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk

Thanks guys!

Food for thought!

I looked at the street thug, but wonder how hard it would be to remove the club...

The townsfolk pieces have potential as well...

George

For the warrior, I would use this guy, with a head swap.  And reposition his arms.

Kale Nolan's head would work

Although the street thug that Jack mentioned was my immediate first thought when I saw the picture.  The head thug, Mack Hardwick might be easier to reposition his arms.

Edited by Qwyksilver

I seem to recall that there was an intellect devourer in DDM.  It wouldn't surprise me to see those turning up on eBay.

For the old guy, I think a conversion of Hasslefree's HFV005 Old Man might work.

Also check out Darksword Miniatures' website for some of these figures, I'm pretty sure the drow female has an almost exact match.

I seem to recall that there was an intellect devourer in DDM.  It wouldn't surprise me to see those turning up on eBay.

For the old guy, I think a conversion of Hasslefree's HFV005 Old Man might work.

He will be awesome! Thanks!

DDM???

George

Also check out Darksword Miniatures' website for some of these figures, I'm pretty sure the drow female has an almost exact match.

She does kind of remind of the "Dark Elf with a Spear" mini from the Elmore line, but that one might be wearing too much attire.

Might be expensive but the DS9 Beholder is a great match

Do you mean Gale Force 9?

Yeah that's the one!  He's huge.

Might be expensive but the DS9 Beholder is a great match

Do you mean Gale Force 9?

No, remember, Odo can shape change.  :poke:

• Like 4