Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is the Bones version of the iconic character, painted in a rather quick and dirty fashion. There was a lot of metal and chain mail, which I did not spend time on, and a few details which I picked out. In retrospect I could have brightened up the armor some, but since she's likely to go on the table as a generic fighter I didn't feel the need to make her special.
Totally far from what most people on here would be interested but I became a fan of Bini & Shai due to our bunny, Thumper. Bini is amazing bunny, he can dunk a basketball (I do believe he is a World Record holder in that), he can play piano & is super smart! I watched a video where Shai puts up a closed bin of treats & Bini climbed up & used the wall to spring up to the spot where the bin was. I guess if he has a talent that we can relate to, he can paint!
Also, in a backer update, production & delivery of the book will be sooner then it says in the KS!!
Got another bunny done for the weekend. Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.
* Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey. I was interested in trying to match it. Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it. Came out pretty good!
* The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.
* The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.
* Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail. Worked good enough. Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.
* I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose. I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
* The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more. Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.
These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid. Open to any feedback ya got.
Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...
Who's Online 12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)