• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Armour looks great and a really nice colour contrast to the bunny's fur.

This was my favourite sculpt from the kickstarter and your paintwork certainly does it justice. ::):

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

I really love your work on the armor- great blending and very realistic metal effect!  He's adorable!

Thanks Corporea!  I was really proud of the armor as well (the sword not so much).

Love the armor; excellent job on the NMM.

Thanks Slashhamster, It would seem my year long practice at NMM is finally paying off.

Excellent "fiddling!"

Thanks Bruunwald.  Though the most fiddling was on the back armor.  I must have repainted the chest piece 4 times to get it to something I thought was passable.

Armour looks great and a really nice colour contrast to the bunny's fur.

This was my favourite sculpt from the kickstarter and your paintwork certainly does it justice. ::):

Thanks Darsc!  This guys was one of my fav's as well, and I was itching to get to him.

• Like 1

LOl I am such I a newb i had to go look up NMM I think i found out what it means Non Metallic Metal painting right if not please let me know.

You are correct. It's using normal paints without metallic flakes to fool the eye into thinking it's real metal. It takes a lot of practice with blending and knowing how and where to put the highlights and shadows to make it convincing.

• Like 1

LOl I am such I a newb i had to go look up NMM I think i found out what it means Non Metallic Metal painting right if not please let me know.

You are correct. It's using normal paints without metallic flakes to fool the eye into thinking it's real metal. It takes a lot of practice with blending and knowing how and where to put the highlights and shadows to make it convincing.

Cool nice job by the way I am still learning thanks for letting me know.

Edited by arch72
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version of the iconic character, painted in a rather quick and dirty fashion. There was a lot of metal and chain mail, which I did not spend time on, and a few details which I picked out.  In retrospect I could have brightened up the armor some, but since she's likely to go on the table as a generic fighter I didn't feel the need to make her special. 

• By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/binithebunny/bini-the-bunnys-inspirational-rhyming-childrens-book/description

Totally far from what most people on here would be interested but I became a fan of Bini & Shai due to our bunny, Thumper. Bini is amazing bunny, he can dunk a basketball (I do believe he is a World Record holder in that), he can play piano & is super smart! I watched a video where Shai puts up a closed bin of treats & Bini climbed up & used the wall to spring up to the spot where the bin was. I guess if he has a talent that we can relate to, he can paint!

EDIT: FUNDED!!!

Also, in a backer update, production & delivery of the book will be sooner then it says in the KS!!

• By Inarah
      Here is Lashana, bad-elf female warrior-wizard. I was inspired by a movie I saw recently.  Really enjoyed working with the red and orange colors.  I like how non-traditional and energizing the color scheme is. 

• By R2ED
      Got another bunny done for the weekend.  Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey.  I was interested in trying to match it.  Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it.  Came out pretty good!
      *  The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.  
      *  The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.  
      *  Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail.  Worked good enough.  Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.

Misses:
      *  I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose.  I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
      * The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more.  Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.

These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid.  Open to any feedback ya got.  

Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...

• By lazarp
      The last of the starks for some time now, next are the lannisters!

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)