DHL & Warlord

dewen

I recently purchased 2742: Skeletal Giant (great mini!). I noticed it fits perfectly to a 2” square base as well as some other DHL minis I own (1" and 1.5"). Are there any plans to incorporate DHL minis into the Warlord game? I have seen sample armies that have DHL as grunts and substitutes because of the limitations of the Warlord line of minis. Are DHL minis only for use with generic statistics like those produced in the beta rules?

DHL has some great minis that will definitely make it to my battlefield!

- dewen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Reaper minis are legal for proxy.

If you are playing with a named unit, and that named unit is not available in metal yet, then any Reaper minis are legal to proxy.

If the named unit is available in pewter, then you need to use the named unit.

This is the essence of Matt Ragan's answer to this question a couple weeks ago.

All of my dwarves are from DHL for Warlord. I don't really like the Warlord Dwarves and there isn't that much selection for them anyway. But for right now in the beta stage, any model is legal if it is with your friends. Tourneys are a different matter. At least that is what everyone told me when I started playing and building my force.

My friend, when playing with your friends you could use a hotwheels car and a barbie doll as long as they are ok with it. Don't get too tied down by all the official rules, use them as a starting point and have fun wih it. If you are playing in a tournament then the whole focus is different. I personaly just like playing with my group.

Chris

Don't get too tied down by all the official rules, use them as a starting point and have fun wih it. If you are playing in a tournament then the whole focus is different. I personaly just like playing with my group.

Chris

My local group is of the same mind set. We wouldn't want anyone who uses in production minis as proxy figures for named units that haven't been released to be required to upgrade to the named figs when they become available. Only some evil empire would make you do that.

I think it's mostly a reasonable thing to ask. Remember that this is only for tournaments that you need to have named models. Compare this, plus the likely initial investment of what, $40-$50 for a 1000-1500 point Warlord force to the initial investment and policies of other big miniatures companies, and it's not that bad.

Granted, as I am rather an independent spirit on these matters, I recognise that you'll do what you want regardless of what I say or what Reaper says. Thus: Do what you want.