Sign in to follow this  
GlenP

Captain Amelia Steam

Thanks everyone. The freckles were applied with a sharply pointed colored pencil. Kinda mandatory on red-heads...

Arclance, here's some larger images. Not sure if they'll help much beyond making the brush strokes and paint grains larger!  :blink:

post-5109-0-25138000-1450727904_thumb.jpg

post-5109-0-32904800-1450727920_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, that is fantastic, great color selection awesome blending and overall it ties together superbly

The title/name plate is from a trophy shop. I usually get them in clusters of 2-4. The shop - and I assume most others - charge by the size of the plate (in square inches), the number of letters, and the number of lines. The letters are engraved and filled with a dark wash. I believe they're doing it on a computer where they pick any number of font styles and sizes, and can do a specifically sized layout on layout on the screen. The plates are stuck on with double sided tape. I tend to keep things simple. The Steam plate worked out to about $7.00 dollars.

• Like 3

Oh my, she is so beautiful! I especially love what you have done with the clothing, everything is so lifelike! Very well done!

• Like 1

The title/name plate is from a trophy shop. I usually get them in clusters of 2-4. The shop - and I assume most others - charge by the size of the plate (in square inches), the number of letters, and the number of lines. The letters are engraved and filled with a dark wash. I believe they're doing it on a computer where they pick any number of font styles and sizes, and can do a specifically sized layout on layout on the screen. The plates are stuck on with double sided tape. I tend to keep things simple. The Steam plate worked out to about $7.00 dollars.

Oh cool, thanks for the information!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this