dunker79

06115 Dwarf Shield Maiden

It seems on the back of her right arm, the highlight lands at a different place on the steel than it does on the gold. It may be just the angle of the photo.

But she's definitely well painted. Much better than I could have done. Eyes and skin are lovely.

• Like 1

First, this is a very nicely painted figure.  It might be a personal choice in my painting on NMM, but the top left at the shield point read wrong.  Sharp edges with NMM tend to have one bright side catching the light and a dark side contrasting increasing the brightness.  I'm still struggling with NMM myself.  I think overall you did a great job and the metal armor and hammer are wonderful.  The second photo reads as shiny armor to me.

• Like 2

I got the same bead as Silver, regarding the Rear shield. If we're wrong, maybe you could plant a red dot on the picture(s) to show light source?

That said, how are you people doing these irises?! What sorcery? What voodoo? I can spare a chicken or forsaken child.

• Like 3

I couldn't do NMM if you paid me for it..( I could try..but it wouldn't be pretty).

I love the mini, maybe there are a few minor mistakes in the shadows/highlights on the NMM but I just see a very good painted mini.

The Hammer is awesome and I love the eyes.

• Like 4

You did a great job here as someone struggling with nmm I am very impressed

• Like 1

It seems on the back of her right arm, the highlight lands at a different place on the steel than it does on the gold. It may be just the angle of the photo.

But she's definitely well painted. Much better than I could have done. Eyes and skin are lovely.

Thank you for your advice and kind words.

Nice job with the nmm

Thanks man!!

I can't critique, cause I have never even come close to getting nmm that good. Awesome job.

Non sense! With practice anyone can come up with that and you can too!. But thank you very much for your comment! 

Edited by dunker79

First, this is a very nicely painted figure.  It might be a personal choice in my painting on NMM, but the top left at the shield point read wrong.  Sharp edges with NMM tend to have one bright side catching the light and a dark side contrasting increasing the brightness.  I'm still struggling with NMM myself.  I think overall you did a great job and the metal armor and hammer are wonderful.  The second photo reads as shiny armor to me.

I got the same bead as Silver, regarding the Rear shield. If we're wrong, maybe you could plant a red dot on the picture(s) to show light source?

That said, how are you people doing these irises?! What sorcery? What voodoo? I can spare a chicken or forsaken child.

Thank you both for your comment! I really appreciated it.  

By the way Algorath, the eyes of this mini is HUGE. So getting details in there was not hard. Usually I cant paint eyes like this. So sadly no voodoo. :down:

• Like 2

I couldn't do NMM if you paid me for it..( I could try..but it wouldn't be pretty).

I love the mini, maybe there are a few minor mistakes in the shadows/highlights on the NMM but I just see a very good painted mini.

The Hammer is awesome and I love the eyes.

I am sure you can. I have seen many of your work. With practice and a community that tells you whats wrong and where to improve you will be surprised how fast you can improve.

Sorry no critiques here.  Your shading/Highlighting skills are very impressive.  Well done.

Thanks for your comment!

She looks great!

Thanks!

You did a great job here as someone struggling with nmm I am very impressed

Thank you! I just tried my best.

• Like 1