Photo....Renting?

Kellyn

Our digicamera really sucks, and we're just not able to buy a new one right now, but there's always another finished mini to photo. So I had this idea that perhaps, if there was more interest than just mine, there could be a "Rent 20 minutes (1/2 hour? 1 hour? I have no idea how much time it takes...) with a Reaper Photographer" event. Or even just somewhere where attendees who know how to take good mini photos could sign up some time to assist those of us with sucky digicameras. I'm thinking that we (the attendee) could bring a small number (maybe set a limit) of minis to shoot during that time. It could also help out those people who love to paint but just don't *have* a digital camera.

Anyone interested? I know I'm really frustrated with the quality of pictures I've been taking. Maybe these people who know[/] photography would even be willing to help me (or anyone else) with figuring out the best way to get the best quality pictures out of my sucky camera so I could do my best back home... within the specified time frame, of course. Or something like that.

(This idea is specifically meant to be separate from any How To Photo class... more one-on-one 'quick shoot as much finished stuff as possible' kind of thing.)

Thoughts? Comments?

Jess

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have my camera with me, as well as my mini tripod. I should also be able to bring my 8.5 x 11 grey backdrop that I use.

It would just be a matter of grabbing a few good lightsources (maybe some desk lamps) and a small place to set up, and I'd be able to photograph minis for people.

• Super Administrators
"Rent 20 minutes (1/2 hour? 1 hour? I have no idea how much time it takes...) with a Reaper Photographer" event. Or even just somewhere where attendees who know how to take good mini photos could sign up some time to assist those of us with sucky digicameras.

Ivy is planning a workshop. For free. Pshaw I say to your rent idea. Pshaw. We'll get some good photo time in.

kit

Pshaw, huh? WELL then. *hmph*

I figured there was gonna be a workshop, but I figured that for more of a class-type thing, which wouldn't be of much help for people who don't have a camera at all, (or something that may not take pictures worth taking). But perhaps Ivy has some wonderful things in store along those lines of which I know not! It's rather late, my psychic abilities are at a low right now. *grin*

Jess

• Super Administrators
Pshaw, huh? WELL then. *hmph*

I figured there was gonna be a workshop, but I figured that for more of a class-type thing, which wouldn't be of much help for people who don't have a camera at all, (or something that may not take pictures worth taking). But perhaps Ivy has some wonderful things in store along those lines of which I know not! It's rather late, my psychic abilities are at a low right now. *grin*

Skoff!

I misunderstood your original comment. We'll have access to camera equipment so people can take snaps of their work while at ReaperCon.

kit

harumph

I will bring my digital set up and the Ibook along so we can shoot and edit your work right then and there and send you home with a floppy or CD.

All i ask is if you want a CD or floppy you bring one *grin*

other then that, It should be fun.

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

US2002021130

I will bring my digital set up and the Ibook along so we can shoot and edit your work right then and there and send you home with a floppy or CD.

All i ask is if you want a CD or floppy you bring one *grin*

other then that, It should be fun.

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

US2002021130

Does your system handle the miniCD's?

I don't know if I can come up with 700mb of stuff but 185mb wouldn't feel like such a waste if I don't use it all, I'm funny that way. :;):

(I also figured other inquiring minds might like to know)

Hey GREAT idea guys! I was just looking to see if anybody would be wanting photos taken, as I plan on taking Ivy's class and am about to buy one of those little wee memory-storage thingies so I can take even MORE pics while in Texas.

Ya know... a body could do alot worse than set up something like those Kodak Face-Place booths at Six-Flags.. you know..the kind where you pay the nice man, sit and grin, and walk home with a printout of your mug...

...only at THIS booth, your MINIE gets photographed and printed... praps even onto a nice cardstock in postcard format :) ..with some crazy "I survived ReaperCon" caption :)

Yeah... I'd do it myself IF I could somehow sweet-talk my stepdaughter into loaning me her laptop for one weekend. *hint*