Continuing the WIP from http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/64819-lexomatics-fall-2015-wip

I'll be working on my shelf of shame minis, trying some bones 2 anhurians, some outstanding hearthstone minis, and maybe some more animals and skeletons, and ice walls and slimes. Also some zombicide crows (as lots of different birds

My first minis are the crows. Not sure why but that's how it is. I thought I could speed paint a bunch. We'll see.

It's 15 units of 5 birds. So far it's 8 black 4 grey and 3 brown. I'll do mostly crows. A few other dark birds. A few seagulls and some brown birds - it's a shame hawks don't really have large flocks. Maybe I'll change one to be colorful.

Some more bird pics i'm not going to be rotating them, though.

the pied crow light color is done with dusky skin highlight
post-12970-0-75085100-1451835347_thumb.jpg

post-12970-0-19735100-1451835193_thumb.jpg

post-12970-0-19171000-1451835227_thumb.jpgpost-12970-0-58843800-1451835257_thumb.jpgpost-12970-0-85909100-1451835280_thumb.jpgpost-12970-0-06584800-1451835301_thumb.jpgpost-12970-0-76729200-1451835323_thumb.jpgpost-12970-0-41204900-1451835335_thumb.jpg

All the tropical bird colors are done with my freak flex tints. There's an interesting metallic quality to these. I ended up washing the birds black after frosting them, so there was a neat charcoal look before that. I'm thinking that's part of the reason.

Most of the crows will just get their beaks and legs/claws with an off-black, maybe Corporea black.

The others... I'm not sure yet. Probably yellow. I'm not too concerned about how they look. They'll be getting finished today.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 3

Got the birds done to a very rough state. I'm going to leave it at that aside from a few touch ups. This was the least consistent and worst zombicide cast I've come across. One mini had a bird that was a body with wings and nothing else.

It didn't help that I did a bad job priming some minis - my mix of craft paint and primer was too thick so details got filled in.

I just have very little desire to work on shading these. I did get to experiment a bit and that helped for some things I intend to do this year, like the chuppa.

I got delayed bingeing on Fargo.

Here's what I'm working until the wife comes home from Austin on Sunday. She's at a conference and I couldn't get time off to visit Reaper HQ.

Mostly mook speed paints for table top and continuing shelf of shame work.

My bones 2 Anhurians + 1set of each. Some stuff useful for frost grave as well

post-12970-0-19744500-1452120421_thumb.jpg

If I get it all done that puts me at 17 anhurians and 18 skeletons I think?

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 2

Didn't do much today. some dry brushing and then my ice walls.

First one is shading in a logical normal way, away from light.

Second one is according to reference pics.

Not done yet, still have Prussian blue ink.then edge highlighting. One in white , other ghost white.

post-12970-0-13742600-1452216177_thumb.jpg

post-12970-0-09052800-1452216196_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So far there is minimal visible difference for the ice walls. I'm debating throwing blue liner into the darkest recesses to create more contrast. I'll wait until stuff is closer to done

Little more work on the ice walls - this time with the inks. Prussian blue for the darkest, and turquoise (semi opaque) for the lightest. I will have to try a few coats of the turquoise to see if there's any effect. So far not much with the darks either.

It would probably show up in photo.

I also slobbered liner over the anhurians. Total mess. Good thing that'll get cleaned up. Doing 16 minis is slow.

I also did more on the statues. A glaze of freak flex green - made things look a bit metallic, but I'm a big fan of a warm grey with a hint of green to it, and then a few different colors of drybrush trying to remove that metal vibe, and finishing with a black wash to undo it all kinda.

I also did a bit on the water weird that I had been neglecting. Same inks as the ice walls, and same stone work as the statues. No pics worth seeing.

NO photos today, can't get a signal on my phone.

More basecoating on the anhurians. Still have pants to do and a few skin touch-ups.

I'll be aiming to do that and maybe a wash. The goal is tabletop, but I might try and pick out one of each - the best  so far - and spend a bit more attention on them.

A bit of edge highlighting on the ice walls. Those look about done to me. I might try and get some really dark spots in the corners.

caryatid columns/angels of sorrow I'm calling done. Did a bit more drybrushing - ivory cream and it looks good. I don't think I need to go all the way white.

I alternated warm and cool greys while I was working on the stone, and a few different washes, and I'm happy.