Sign in to follow this  
Silvervane

Silvervane's '15 End of Year WIP

Since Inarah post a end of year painting binge I though I give it a go, but at my pace.  She is attempting 20 in 10 days.  I'm attempting 3+ in 10 days.  Which for me is speed painting.  Granted one is over halfway.  A second it 90% finished, just working on the base.  The third will be the hasslefree's strumpet.  So... Um.... Yeah.... Binge painting.  The + is any other work I managed to get done on top of those.

Here is a shot the strumpet:

post-12625-0-34984800-1450756211.jpg

And here is my current WIP that I hope (or dream) to get finished by Xmas:

post-12625-0-93747600-1450756221.jpg

post-12625-0-81574500-1450756222.jpg

• Like 13

Not much but gifts left on Santa!  Possibly a touch up on the teddy bear as well.

Your Red is great by the way!

• Like 1

Not much but gifts left on Santa!  Possibly a touch up on the teddy bear as well.

Your Red is great by the way!

Thanks,  Yeah He is on the final bits now.  I highlighted the bear and base coated the gifts.  Think I'll go with glazing to help define the edges of the gifts.

you can dooooooo eeeeeeet!

Thanks for the pep talk.  I should be able to get them all done.  Basing the rabbit begins tonight.  

• Like 1

Looking at Santa I think we can all say that "the Elves are really Naughty" this year !

Great work on the Santa !  That Red is mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm HOT !

Like the solid contrast you have in those shadows !

• Like 2

Looking at Santa I think we can all say that "the Elves are really Naughty" this year !

Great work on the Santa ! That Red is mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm HOT !

Hah! I do have the naughty and nice elves on the way. I was hoping to get them before Xmas, that not looking likely at the moment.

Thanks jasonator, I've been working at the reds. Colors on the gifts is a bit chaotic. But I figure that is probably accurate. Will post photo later.

• Like 1

Great work on the Santa ! That Red is mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm HOT !

Hah! I do have the naughty and nice elves on the way. I was hoping to get them before Xmas, that not looking likely at the moment.

Thanks jasonator, I've been working at the reds. Colors on the gifts is a bit chaotic. But I figure that is probably accurate. Will post photo later.

The REDS are looking most excellent.

I have purposefully worked on making my last miniatures Red, Yellow, and Orange.

There is no way to conquer those most difficult colors unless you fight and vanquish them.

Think you just gave Red a mortal wound.. You got em !

:zombie:

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

@jasonator- thanks for the kind words on the red.  Black is currently causing me grief.  So, much like you suggest, I have been painting the last several in black, and probably several of the next.

Here is the work I got done yesterday:

post-12625-0-22368400-1450981134.jpg

PS: Of course i dropped the rabbit mage and now have to do minor repairs on it.

• Like 7

Well, work took a bunch outta me with a couple of long days.  So not much painting done over the last few.  Sill procrastinating on fixing the rabbit.  I did put down some messy base coats and a the eyes on the HF wench.  I decided to try out the tropical blue as the base coat.  I then mixed up some shadows colors with deep red and the tropical blue and blocked in the shadows.  I then mixed in to the base some RMS snow shadow and blocked in the highlights.

Here is where she stands at the moment:

post-12625-0-71418800-1451440816.jpg

• Like 9

Nice blue

Thanks

And Next up is what I've done with the blue.  I'm playing around with complimentary shading.  I just worked on the front to see how I liked it.  Only colors used to on the blue were BonesHD Tropical Blue, RMS Deep Blue RED (mixed in to create shadow), RMS Snow Shadow (mixed in to create highlight).

And here is the result:

post-12625-0-18562400-1451612612.jpg

I plan now to finish off the rest, possibly glaze as suggested by Cash to smooth out the blends. *Sigh* I think I will give her a tatoo since my '16 goal is freehand.

Edit: Corrected my error in paint color.

Edited by Silvervane
  • Like 5

Nice blue

Thanks

And Next up is what I've done with the blue.  I'm playing around with complimentary shading.  I just worked on the front to see how I liked it.  Only colors used to on the blue were BonesHD Tropical Blue, RMS Deep Blue (mixed in to create shadow), RMS Snow Shadow (mixed in to create highlight).

Have you tried using blue liner to deepen the shadow?

• Like 2

Nice blue

Thanks

And Next up is what I've done with the blue.  I'm playing around with complimentary shading.  I just worked on the front to see how I liked it.  Only colors used to on the blue were BonesHD Tropical Blue, RMS Deep Blue Red (mixed in to create shadow), RMS Snow Shadow (mixed in to create highlight).

Have you tried using blue liner to deepen the shadow?

Ugh, typo suck.  Yes I have actually.  It works nicely too.  But the shadow should have read Deep Red not Deep Blue.

• Like 1