Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Dakota, Hasslefree

Nice Work!

Super job on the hair!

I am just learning how to do blonds....

See what you mean about drilling the gun. I do that all the time! I have a Dremel bit, a very tiny engraver that works wonders for starting the barrel drilling process.

George

What part of Norway? I have been through Bergen and Oslo, and some of my Swedish relatives have a summer home in Norway, just can't remember where! (was there 35 years ago....)

• Like 1

Nice Work!

Super job on the hair!

I am just learning how to do blonds....

See what you mean about drilling the gun. I do that all the time! I have a Dremel bit, a very tiny engraver that works wonders for starting the barrel drilling process.

George

What part of Norway? I have been through Bergen and Oslo, and some of my Swedish relatives have a summer home in Norway, just can't remember where! (was there 35 years ago....)

Would you mind posting a pic of the engraver thingie? I do it by hand, and it's bound to go wrong sometime soon. :P

The hair is painted with yellow paint, washed with Sepia, a reddish brown tone, then drybrushed with a very light skin/bone white colour. For highlights.

As for your question; I live in a small city, 1.5 hours north of Oslo. Called Hamar.

It's a nice place, in my opinion. It's built on the east side of Norways biggest lake. 

post-13938-0-14170000-1450875031_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Sure!

post-14271-0-47753500-1450881599.jpg

They have a whole line of different sizes, I think mine is 105 Engraving Cutter. the little ball cutter thing on the end of mine is smaller than the "." on my keyboard. Maybe .5mm or so. I also have a slightly larger one. Both are very useful!

God Jul!

Oh Gott Nytt Ar!

George

• Like 5

I tend too just use a xacto knife tip & start a hole. After that it's hand drill time.

Nice work! Need to order 4 H'free figs in the next couple months for victi errr PCs minis in a RCon game next year.

• Like 2

I use a set of "Excel Hobby Blade Corp Drill Bit Assorted, #61-80 (20), Plastic Stand, EXL55510" drill bits and a good Pin Vise (I use a Tamiya No.112 Precision Pin Vise) to drill out barrels.

41k4Ed-C3UL.jpg

You do want a good pin vise since the cheap ones tend to start or get off of straight and that can screw up precise work like this.

That set comes with 20 drill bits sized from 0.039 to 0.0135 inches.

The bits are also very useful if you need to make custom sized pins by grinding a larger pin down.

• Like 1

Hasslefree Miniatures are indeed well detailed.  I love their figures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this