famous photos recreated in miniature

LionMyth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were brilliant! I love that sort of thing. It's what got me interested miniatures in the first place.

I sometimes yearn for a studio with that much free room. ...

I had to laugh at the familiar lament in their discussion of recreating the iconic Tiananmen Square photograph:

"We bought the tanks on eBay from China," explained Cortis. "They were these model kits which we had to put together."

"We had to build around seven or eight tanks -- the first one was fun, the second one was ok, and then after that it was just hard work," he said of the scene which took two weeks to complete.

• Like 6

aahhhh .... a large studio

I'd love a huge warehouse / barn dedicated to hobby type stuff ... it'd have a clear tube all the way around and throughout with a train ... and a wood shop ... and welding area ... and painting area ... photo studio ... stage for musicians ... door connected to green house ... and and and ....

• Like 7

I have a walled-in corner of the basent with its own sink. The ceiling is hobbit-height and it's half used for storage of sewing and craft supplies until the roof is fixed, but it gets morning sunshine in one window and a nice view of the ferns under the front porch in the other and it is solely my space to use.

• Like 4