Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Secret Sophie exchange 2015 Unicorns for Teskeria

The survey mentioned unicorns or winged beasts, nothing boring or pink. 

I had done winged creatures for my last 2 exchanges ...

I thought unicorns need to come in more colors  than just white (good) and black (evil) 

how about bay?  and what if I included a woman with the same hair and skin colors? 

I originally planned for the three on a single base, but I couldn't make the positioning work. 

Instead the unicorns and warrior got their own bases, but using the same technique, so they could all be occupying a single meadow. 

I am pretty sure I went back and fixed the paint chipping, visible in these. 

post-12081-0-67807000-1451015031_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-34261600-1451015042_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-29472100-1451015043_thumb.jpg

post-12081-0-76713400-1451015175_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 22

Same thoughts as her when it comes to unicorns. She finds the two colors boring and yes the chipping was fixed. Just my cameras are hiding currently

• Like 1

There was paint chipping???

Aren't they great!!! I adore them!! They are perfect!! I like the way the lady had a mug and her shield.  It's like she can watch a battle, have a drink and raise the shield to avoid hits from anything that comes her way.   She's ready for it all!

Thank you a million times!!!

• Like 2

the fact that the cup and the unicorn horns are the same pearly /metallic color is probably a coincidence. 

and does not show up will in the pictures. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      This was one of two figures I painted for @Fealron for the Secret Sophie this year.

His ideas were Metal, minimal basing for gaming use, a woodland creature, usually considered good but turned to evil, and a minion of a necromancer.

After thinking a while, I decided I could knock out all his ideas with some evil unicorns.

Here is the second.  Maybe once the prior unicorn charmed by a necromancer does, he raised it as a skeleton, and put another minion on top.

Here are the WIP shots:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90618-02631-skeletal-cavalry-project-2-of-2-for-fealron/

I magnetized the mount and rider.
      I had a lot of fun with these, and definitely bittersweet to part with them!

Thanks for looking.
      C&C Welcome
    • By Darcstaar
      This was one of two figures I painted for @Fealron for the Secret Sophie this year.

His ideas were Metal, minimal basing for gaming use, a woodland creature, usually considered good but turned to evil, and a minion of a necromancer.

After thinking a while, I decided I could knock out all his ideas with some evil unicorns.

Here is the first.  I envisioned a unicorn charmed by a necromancer that tramples a virgin, staining it black.  That taint would spread from the hooves, causing a grayscale, with only a few remnants of white/color where the corruption is still incomplete.

Here are the WIP shots:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90564-starmane-unicorn-02151-project-1-of-2-for-fealron/

I’ll post the fiction a little later when I’m at my desktop.

C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.

Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.

This is how he sits mounted.  But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets.  I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!

A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn.  I also sharpened the lance tip.  It comes cylindrical out of the blister.

Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.

White brush on primer, Black on the base.  
      I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look:  1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone.  It may become my go-to for bone work.
    • By Darcstaar
      I took these pictures during the WIP phase of my gift for Fealron.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)