miniature related gifts

lexomatic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby somehow found some of the old Doctor Who Micro Universe figures... probably the finest 28mm Who minis reflecting the new series. They've been out of production for years.

And the last blind pack had the Doctor in it. Woohoo!

And a Frazetta calendar. And she wants to hang it in the KITCHEN.

Do women GET any better?

• Like 14

I got rocks. Sparkly rocks. In a gold setting. . Also a book on costuming.

I got some testator's enamels and new brushes.... Not sure if I can use the enamels on the minis.... But oh well...

Testers makes oil and acrylic hobby paints. If it's acrylic (just like Reaper) it will be ok on bones. The oils will be fine on metal figures.

• Like 6

I got some testator's enamels and new brushes.... Not sure if I can use the enamels on the minis.... But oh well...

When I got started painting miniatures half a century ago, Testor's enamels were THE PAINT. They are cruel to brushes, but cover well & last forever...unless acted on by a powerful outside force. Their metals are still just about the best & shiniest. If you need to kill the gloss effect, their Dullcote is the way.

While I didn't get anything relating to The Craft, I just heard from my sons...that make moi one UBERMERRY Old Man. GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!

• Like 7

Tarsemina, I used to do a lot with Testors enamel, PM me if you have questions!  Like Inarah said, enamel works well on metal minis, but you can't mix media between enamel (oil) and acrylic.  You can, however, thin it out with the brush cleaner/solvent, and some of the colors just can't be reproduced with acrylic. 

Only mini-related gifts for me were purchased by me, does that count??  :;):

• Like 4