• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Continuing deeper into the dry steppe I cane across a brass dragon in its native habitat.  I think she was keeping watch over a nearby nomadic tribe but she took off before I was able to ask.

Another old piece of miniature history, this is the brass dragon from the 3rd and final dragon of the month series by Grenadier.  The amount of energy put into this mini is pretty amazing and, like all its brethren, this dragon has stood the test of time.  I painted this one using a basecoat of scale 75 metallic but then did all the highlight work using a wax metallic set I recently acquired on sale.  
      Hope you like her; this series does have some seriously dramatic positions for the dragons, especially when you consider that these are all softer, lead based minis.

• By Kangaroorex
      Further efforts to produce a dozen dragons this year brought me out to the desert sands where even dragons new to worry about being spotted if they want a decent meal.  To this end desert dragons are campflaged to look like the ground from above and the sky from below.

Hope you enjoy him 

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Was asked by mods to start this Air Brush thread to be pinned and I'll keep it up to date with links/tutorials as we go along. Keep the chatter/off topic to a minimum please. 

Feel free to add links/websites/tutorials/videos/books/articles in this thread and I'll compile them here in the first thread post (just no commerce links per Forum rules).

Here we go!

VEX Part info

Reaper VEX Videos:
      Ed Pugh, Disassemble and reassemble the Vex
      Aaron Lovejoy's First impressions
      Getting to know your vex, with Aaron Lovejoy
      The Crow's Nest #15 - The birds flew off with the New Reaper Vex Airbrush! (Full review inside)

Forum Threads:
      Airbrush Compendium
      Airbrush Masks
      Airbrush for Hubby
      Care & Feeding for Airbrush
      My Next & Last Airbrush
      Airbrush Assistance
      Airbrush & Paint Question
      Airbrush Cleaning and Advice
      Airbrush Newb Help
      Help Setting up First Airbrush
      Cheap Airbrush and Cheap Paints
      Learning to use Airbrush
      To Brush with the Air
      Airbrush Equipment & Recommendations
      Airbrush & Thinning Reaper Paints

Website Tutorials:
      Airbrush Cleaning Tutorial from Massive Voodoo

Video Tutorials:
      Awesome Paintjob
      Awakened Realms
      Kostasii Miniatures
      Airbrush Troubleshooting

Books/Magazines:
      Painting Miniatures From A to Z: Masterclass Volume 1, By: Angel Giraldez (linked image)
      This book provides pictures of step by step of Airbrush and brush painting. Not as through as some other airbrush books, but still good.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Another of the older dragons completed.  This has to have been my favorite miniature series.  Over the course of a few years Grenadier brought out 37 new dragons, all of them unique and yet obviously part of the same world.  

This is from the third series and the sculptor is William Watt.  I love the level of detail and, in general how well these have held up over the decades.  These are always a joy to paint.

I based him on a 3 inch base and tried to give it a blasted heath effect which makes him stand out pretty well.  I'm still trying to complete 12 dragons this year and I am nearly there!  Hope you enjoy him!

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, this is a mini that I made as a joke for a friend of mine. He GMs a lot of games, and has always been a bit fascinated by the fact that the Half Dragon template can be added to almost any kind of creature. Including ones that reproduce by dividing.
      Truly, the biology of dragons is a wonder.
      Anyway, he got to completely wreck the party with this Half Black Dragon Gelatinous Cube.
      I made it by combining some parts from an invisible dragon and gelatinous cube minis (both from Reaper’s Bones line). I used water effect for gap filling and a bit of sculpting, and added a little color with some thinned down paints. I wanted to give the impression that it picks up debris from the floor as it moves along.
      Except for the eyes, which are totally opaque so that they can show up. Seriously, I think they’re the only part that really shows up at all in the pictures, but you get the idea.

In an unrelated project for the same friend, I found a really strange bit that I think is supposed to be the head of a dragon, but seriously looks like a half dragon spider. So that got painted too.
      Man, dragons really make some poor choices.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)