Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

54mm Maria Roseblade Pirate Queen by Glitterwolf

I really like how you made the white caps of the waves turn out!  That is a lot harder than it looks.

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

BRAVO! She & her Associates look LOVELY...The Pirate Girl is making the absolute best of an unfortunate situation, AND doing it BEAUTIFULLY! Your vibrant colors, fine brushwork, & inspired basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE!

• Like 1

Love the waves!  In joint compound, that looks like a slapbrush application (layer of mud, press something into it and pull it back off).  Is that what that is?  Great work on it!

• Like 1

Thx all for the nice comments.

To be honest, I wasn't completely satisfied with her, there are some places where the sculpt has a few little flaws.

The arm is glued on, and fell off twice during painting!

Anyway, on to other projects.

Love the waves!  In joint compound, that looks like a slapbrush application (layer of mud, press something into it and pull it back off).  Is that what that is?  Great work on it!

I painted the base in Reaper Marine Teal.

Then applied Vallejo Water Effects, it dries up clear, only the thickest parts stay white ( might make great ice too).

I made waves with a little spoon.

So I painted the thicker parts with Reaper Surf Aqua.

Then Drybushed White on the caps on the waves.

Then applied a few drops of Vallejo Still Water so there would be a second transparent layer where I painted the Surf Aqua.

• Like 1

Then applied Vallejo Water Effects, it dries up clear, only the thickest parts stay white ( might make great ice too).

Idea nabbed!

• Like 1

Yes!! I was the magical 23-rd like that makes the post/thread popular!

You did a fantastic job on her; Bravo!!

• Like 1

Idea nabbed!

Happy to be of service!

Looks very nice. The base looks really good.

Thank you!

Yes!! I was the magical 23-rd like that makes the post/thread popular!

You did a fantastic job on her; Bravo!!

Thx Wolf. the pack is grateful!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By Brianuk
      Am cracking on with some opposition to my orc pirates. These are the Razig warlord pirate minis. The bases are resin (they are meant to depict trenches but think they will work here). Have sprayed them all with Army Painter skeleton bone. Then a sepia ink wash all over for definition and a process of going through and colouring in. Am going to add a cannon as well. Am going for quite a colourful scheme, that will be muted by the pre shading and then dusted up with an all over drybrush of off white. 

• By Brianuk
      Am putting together a skirmish game crew of Fantasy type pirates. Would be brilliant to match these with the Brinewind minis or the Pirates of the Dread Sea game when that comes out. These are all Reaper. One is a human pirate that I've painted as a half orc. Next steps are to include an orc toting a cannon (because magic cannons don't recoil and blow your arms off apparently) and the female goblin pirate from the warlord range. 
      Most of the minis came with a small plank base. I stuck them to mdf round bases and added bits of coffee stirrers to them. Then did a simple water effect using gloss mod podge over bright blue. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys,

so here is a figure I just finished up yesterday and got her on a base.  

Not so sure where she is from, but am almost sure she's a Ral Partha Import from the eighties, but I could never seem to find any image of her in any old catalogue.

Also no idea who the sculptor is, so if anybody knows, please give me a hand and let me know!

Not too happy with the sword, didn't build up enough to white I think and still a little too blue, but in the end I guess I'm not going back, on to the next new miniature to paint.  If I ended up being too persnickety, I'd never get anything thing finished, and I have a pending pile of thousands to still work on....

• By Cyradis
      Vancouver Miniature Painters picked this for the first paint club item. It is Queen by Life Miniatures. I wanted to do more with it, and ended up doing the face and skin early.... then rushing the rest. All things considered, she turned out darn nice! Painted with a mix of Reaper, Vallejo, and Kimera. Reaper and Vallejo more on the skin and metal, Kimera more on the cloth. Many thanks to the paint club leader for good photos!

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)