Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I decided because I have a bunch of grass boards, that I should do some backdrops for nice dioramas and maybe just regular photos. So I primed (mostly matte medium which I have liters of and a little primer and a tiny bit of craft paint for volume) some of my many cereal boxes.
Should I do anything more than sky and land/horizon? Tree silhouettes maybe? Got any good examples
By Grumpy Gnome
Awhile back I was inspired by a gamer on the internet who had converted some Goblins into Gnomes. So I decided to try something similar but with my own style. Unsurprisingly, after I did this I found several other folks online had had similar ideas as well. Including JFA of Hagglethorn Hollow fame.
A bit of greenstuff and a change in the usual colors… presto! Gnomes instead of Goblins.
In hindsight if I was doing this again I think I would use different arms, weapons and shields on the two melee models but otherwise I am pleased with how they came out. Of course they are rather big Gnomes.
The next Gnomes I convert will be from Wargames Atlantic Halfling Militia….
Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.
Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
I recently acquired the latest of Games Workshops Warhammer Quest games:- The Cursed City.
I'd actually like to completely paint one of these things for once, and thought a project thread might help!
First, I built everything (Well, maybe everything. Games Workshop continues to be kinda weird about this game, so I'm not sure if it's getting expansions or not):-
And then made a spreadsheet. I can't batch paint, so even simple minis (like the rats and skeletons) I've put in small groups to help maintain momentum.
I rolled a 5 (actually I rolled a 30 and then a 32, but I know this project is doomed if I start with a rat pile instead of something interesting):- Brutogg Corpse-Eater, unusual Ogre:-
I've made him a simple base (I've been spoilt by all the integral ones I've been dealing with lately), mostly sand with some broken flagstone patches made of putty, and gave him the usual White Primer and Brown Wash undercoat.
Leaving him to dry overnight.
Hello everyone, now that my Perils of the Underworld diorama is built, I'll post here the detailed steps of my paintings sessions. The Work in progress of the display base can be found HERE.
Let’s start the painting section with a hack to save time. When I paint a large surface, typically a terrain piece, I apply paint straight on the surface and spread it with a large brush. It’s way faster, since I don’t have to go back to the palette each time to reload the brush bristles. Here I’m using a #8 flat brush.
As a base coat for the display I used 09660 powderburn brown.
I filled the gaps and hard to reach areas with a #1 brush. At this step, I’m using old brushes as it doesn’t matter if the bristles are sharp or not.
I then applied a dry brush of 09028 muddy brown all over the base.
I dry brushed of 09028 muddy brown on the upper part of the 03602 stone lurker and started painting the bat as well. The bat is from the 02018, Familiar Pack I. I used the same colors on the bat's perch that those I used on the display base. I painted the bat body in 29843 solid black.
Next, I started layering the bat wings with military grey (this out of production color can be substituted by 09438 tempest grey).
Here’s the picture I referred to for the bat wing colors.
For the bat fur, I used 09059 aged bone and the fingers were painted with a mix of 29839 maroon red and 09059 aged bone.
Even if it will be impossible to see the back side of the bat when it would be attached to the display base, I painted it anyway.
17mm wingspan ready to take off. I applied a 29822 suntan flesh highlight on the stalactite, then a mix of 29822 suntan flesh and 09059 aged bone for the final highlights.
Here’s the back side completed with a final 29822 suntan flesh highlight.
Here you go, that’s it for today. Spread your wings and go explore the Underworld.
Who's Online 7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)