Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

End of the Year Roundup

I love the dragons, and the bases you made for them inspired my own complex base for blightfang. 

Edit: 

What did you use to make a picture collage? 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

Wow. I knew you'd been painting stuff but seeing it all at once like this... I never realized just how much you've done.

Sooo much and Sooo well painted. Well done!

• Like 1

I love the dragons, and the bases you made for them inspired my own complex base for blightfang. 

Edit: 

What did you use to make a picture collage?

It's Photoshop. I shot most of the minis against a neutral grey background (a Kodak grey card, to be precise), then filled in any blank spots with plain 50% grey.

I originally had them 600 pixels wide, but thought it looked a little overwhelming and space-greedy, so I halved their size and doubled up -- otherwise they were going to be one big column.

• Like 1

You have had a WONDERFUL year! Although I have a preference for the Little Folk, they are all BEAUTIFUL creations; the Group Portrait is STUNNINGVERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      Welcome to Thrym's Show Off List

Listed by Reaper Miniature Line with SKUs.

Dark Heaven Legends
      02828: Thornback Troll (as Fell Ogre) 03270: Stone Giant Warrior 03493: Rumscratch, Dwarf Wereshark (Secret Sophie '14 Present to MatrissaTheEnchantress) 02770: Lunkh, The Hill Giant and the Silver Dragon Egg 02127: Giant Mountain Troll (The Old Troll and the Boar) 02622: Frulla Krung (The Frost Giantess)
      03430: Young Swamp Dragon (Copper Dragon on Marbled Tiled Hex Base)
      Warlord
      14077: Griffon 03407: Hellborn Troll 14012: Gauntfield, Necropolis Hero (as Harrow, Reidlar of Terror) 02877: Mountain Troll (The Skull Collector)
      Bones
      77009: Werewolf (with Tombstone) 77105: Kagunk, Ogre Chieftain (Son of the Magi) 77013: Minotaur (with weapon conversion to two-handed maul) 77120: Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin (Reaper Winter Exchange '14 for RobinH) 77156: Owlbear (Secret Sophie'14 Present to Kay13) 77171: Stone Golems: inspired by Marvel's The Thing inspired by Marvel's Juggernaut inspired by Marvel's Hulk inspired by Marvel's Doctor Doom inspired by Marvel's Colossus
      inspired by Marvel's Thanos 77185: Large Earth Elemental (inspired by Marvel's Hulkbuster Iron Man) 77195: Mr. Bones (Kickstarter II Conversion) 77230: Ankheg (with Metallic Chitin)
      89026: Eando Kline Chronoscope
      50082: Cobra, Modern Ninja P-65 Heavy Metal
      65140 :: Ogre Mage WOOT!  Finished Minis!  Hit the "Follow this Topic" to wait for me to finish another ... in the FUTURE!!.  LOL
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 14048, Fatima, Nefsokar Cleric.

Or rather it will be when you click on the links because she's super NSFW, front and back.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PAINTED FIGURE FATIMA, NEFSOKAR CLERIC.

There isn't a WIP thread because I couldn't figure out how to make one that would abide by the board rules. But questions or comments are appreciated.

The images are hosted on Instagram so you can post comments there too if you like.

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)