Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My DM (and boyfriend) wanted this guy to be a white dragon...I obliged. Biggest project I’ve worked on so far and the only “white” project I’ve worked on so far. Love how he came out. I might base him at some point, but I was happy enough to bring him outside in the real snow for a photo shoot to start.
I dont know when or why we will we will face this dragon...
but either way- I’m frightened...
Alright, so the moss came in and did brighten her up. Now she has happy autumn instead of dark autumn. The lights were getting dim but I had to take some photos anyway! I might update them another time.
The colors chosen are based off real colors in actual peacocks, even the spotted sash (upper wing near shoulder) and yellow cloak (legs) and the hair (more wing colors).
The tall grass is made of real peacock feathers that I snipped and glued together. I wanted her to be going between some fantastic brush on a rocky hillside. One of the feather pieces got stuck under her arm for photos... and by the time I noticed my sunlight was gone. The flowers are from I think Floranatur? Something like that. The rock is first painted as a gneiss, then drizzled in schist dust, with actual garnets glued in as cobbles, then they got mossed a bit. Not too shabby for first real basing batch?
I intend to do a "how to peacock feathers" when 1) I get the energy to do another cloak in peacock feathers, 2) empty out my wet palette, and 3) pick a figure for it. I'll also be taking @Clever Crow's advice and increasing the contrast per feather next time.
Enough blather - you all just want pictures!
With my bride away on a work trip this week, I decided to try to squeeze in a kinda big project... and after dithering about what it should be, I settled on painting one of my many Bones dragons.
Blightfang was actually a main antagonist in a D&D campaign I ran a while back... so that's the one I decided to paint!
Tonight was spent scrubbing him down, after he'd spent the day soaking in soapy water. I partly glued him together, and then got painting with Green Liner. I'm only partly assembling him, so that I can more easily access the harder to reach spots.
Also the back legs don't fit well into the base he came with, so I'm thinking that I might need to make my own out of cork... And this was supposed to be a quick project... we'll see how I do.
So, this guy showed up on my front door on Friday as a gift from a friend. Fun to paint, a pain to put together, and I couldn't get the tip of the tail to not droop to the floor to save my life (yes, I did several heat and cools). Also, chasing down the areas where the paint rubbed away (despite priming) was pretty frustrating.
However, Reaper is still unmatched as far as cool dragons go. And Greens are among my favorites. Anywho, enjoy!
Who's Online 30 Members, 3 Anonymous, 270 Guests (See full list)
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Xiwo Xerase