02190 Angel of Light

tiniest rhombus

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great, and is the picture of a perfect archetypical nativity angel in her blue and golden yellow!

Try getting more level with the figure when taking your photos, so it looks more like if you were taking a photo of an actual person. Other than that, I think your photo lighting and color look just fine.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1

She could be one of those really detailed porcelain angels.

Awe thanks!

nice work on the blue shading!

Thank you, I'm pleased with it. It was a lesson in shading cloth that's for sure.

She looks angelic.

Great job TR, and I do think you nailed the yellow!

Thanks! I'm so so happy with the yellow. I've struggled mightily with that color. What a lucky girl I am to have found Corporea's lovely angel as an excellent study in yellow.

She is LOVELY. Perhaps it is the colors, but the Angel has an aura about her that suits the subject perfectly. RIGHTEOUSLY WELL DONE!

Thank you kindly. Blue and yellow were my Grandma's favorite colors. I'm glad they suit the mini so well. Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this is 02473, Aramil the Elf Sorcerer sculpted by Sandra Garrity. I like the shoulder pads and the way the overcoat is textured. I went with a reddish color for the staff to complement the colors of the clothes.

• By ced1106
      I'm actually backing it for the lighting attachment (which you can't 3D print!), and I'm sure some of you use magnifying glasses for painting. Even if you don't use magnets for your bases (I actually have some "Hand of Glory" miniatures that use "hot swappable" arms that use magnetized bits), you can putty the base of a miniature onto a cap. The magnet holds the cap in place, and allows you to rotate it. The handle is bundled with multiple caps, so you can also assembly-line paint your miniatures. (If you run out of caps, just putty or superglue your miniature to a flat magnet or metal disk.) As ever, do your research on paint handles to find the type that works best for your painting.

"The new Painting Hilt Pro has a comfortable, full-grip painting handle design, perfect for extended painting sessions, and features a Rotating Cap that accommodates miniatures on a Magnetized Base. The Painting Hilt Pro also comes equipped to attach a detail light and magnifying glass, making it a great addition to your hobby tool chest. Our factory molds are complete, and we have samples in hand. We are seeking funds for our first order and will place the order as soon as the Kickstarter Campaign is completed."

For US, at $25 for a single set, the creator pays for shipping. This is Cobalt Keep's third KS (technically five, but two were cancelled). and the other projects were also magnetized miniature accessories (display case and magnetic bases) as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cobaltkeep/rotating-paint-handle-for-magnetized-wargaming-miniatures?ref=user_menu

• By Geoff Davis
      Painted up as a "Billet", followe r of St Cuthbert for a character in Greyhawk D&D game.

• By Cyradis
      Took about 10 months, but she's done. Inspired by the box art by Lan Studios and a similar one by Miguel Sousa. I tried to give a faint hint of hope to her by changing the above-lighting.

Figure is Amitriel by Karol Rudyk.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey! Here are my 02992, Jack O'Lanterns & Pumpkins sculpted by Tim Kaufman and Sandra Garrity.